Pont Royal

Another image from the vault during our winter visit to Paris....This time image of Pont Royal one late afternoon as the sun tries to break through the winter skies. Can just make out the roof of the Musee d'Orsay in the background.

D800 24-120 @ 24mm F8.0 1/100 and Iso 280.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Such a wonderful b&w image, John!
I also like the almost independent scene along the banks of the Seine with the stairs, the tree and the two people.

Great image and processing! You have an amazing vault!
Thanks Dossy... I have a understanding wife who never complains of my frequent stops to take an image even in the cold while we walked the streets of Paris. Also may have processed in color and finding they do take to BW due to the subject matter , patina and less than ideal weather. Finally I’m a pack rat and when I started with the D100 I shoot raw and I’ve saved all the digital images, it’s fun to revisit with new perspectives and new skill sets .

Such a wonderful b&w image, John!
I also like the almost independent scene along the banks of the Seine with the stairs, the tree and the two people.
thanks Bart...there were so many opportunities, I traveled pretty light with just the 24-120 and the D800 in a light day pack.....would have loved a longer lens to isolate the scene of the couple and the stairs, if I would have recognized it as a possible composition.

A thoroughly enjoyable image for all the reasons already mentioned.
Thanks Mike..glad you enjoyed the image.

Very nice.
Thank you Binnur

nice tones
Thanks

Really nicely composed and B/W was a good choice.
Thanks Dan...B&W just seems to fit with clouds and the patina of old structures.

Love Paris in the spring. Dramatic b&w processing brings out the soul of the city. Nicely done.
Thanks Bohdan...this was a cold winter afternoon. Actually had snow flurries. Agree that black and white really does bring out the character of the city.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom