Pony League Baseball Action!

Took some photos of my son's baseball team recently. I threw caution to the wind and squatted inside the fence near our dugout. Been lucky so far with no beaned balls, and the nice angle is worth the risk! My son is #4 - very proud of him!

I should have used the TC-17E II, but left it at home, dang it. Some are heavily cropped, but still show good action and detail, IMO. C&C appreciated, as always...

-1-
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

-2-

-3-

-4-

-5-

Thanks guys! My son is #4, so obviously he's in a lot of these. :smile: He usually plays left field. You'd be surprised how many balls go into the outfield on coach-pitch - he has the best arm on the team and can run down balls very quickly. I'd like for him to play infield (he played second base last year) but he's too valuable to move.

Hi Fred,

Yes, #2 is my wallpaper for my Windows Phone - I love the intensity in his face. BTW he got a triple at that at-bat. Proud dad, I am...

There is a story behind a fielder wearing a batting helmet AND cage?
Hi Tim,

In our under-8 coach-pitch league (could be a nationwide Pony rule perhaps), players who are the "pitchers" must wear a device that protects the face, and wear a chest plate. You can see the straps from the chestplate in #5. The helmet/cage combo was issued by the league, so every pitcher was required to wear them. The chest plate is made up of lightweight plastic, but stiff/tough enough to disperse any impact to the chest by a batted ball.

lovely pix. the last one brought a real smile to my face.

next time, remember the TC huh? looking forward to seeing them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom