Poop sign

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
Can you imagine anyone putting up this sign by their entrance? I've seen it a few times and today when I went past I took a photo.

Poop.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Note the incorrect apostrophe on the first line.

It made me wish I had a kid with me so I could ask it to do something on their lawn...

A bit like those signs that say "No Turning". It always makes me want to stop and turn my car!

I guess.. maybe... he can't call the police about it if he doesn't have a sign that says 'Don't do that'.

Like the 'No Trespassing' sign. If you don't have a sign up telling people not to trespass, they can't be arrested for doing it.

:confused:

I could use a couple of those signs-were are the only folks on our block without a dog or cat--and our kids and their friends when a lot younger, offered to go poop on the neighborhood lawns!!!!!

I know it seems tacky but it could be that it is truly necessary.......A freind of mine was having to clean his tiny fron lawn 3 times a week because some neighbors we letting their dogs go in his yard.......I came by and spent the night ( at the time I was a 3 shift worker and staying up all night was easy for me) and got photos of 3 different neighbors bringing their dogs to his yard......when the Judge asked why.....they simply said because it was far enuff from their yard to not smell it.......there was jail time and huge fines......none of them a had so much as spoken to my friend......My friend put down a whole bunch of pet repellent that seemed to work for the next couple of yrs...even his own dogs won't go into the grassy part of his front lawn......now those neighbors are gone and he no longer puts repellent out for stray dogs and cats.........so maybe even as tacky as it is that sign is, it is his first line of defense until he can catch whom he is actually targeting.

I fail to see what is unreasonable about the sign. Should one let every tom **** and harry have their barking poop machine do its business on your front lawn (without cleaning up?)

The only problem I see with the sign is that dogs can't read. :smile: Most of the dogs pooping on yards do so in the early morning of late at night when their masters turn them out to do their business.

Just so you know, I do have a dog but never let him out by himself. I take a bag with me for when my dog has to go. I also don't get uptight when another dog poops on my lawn. I find it easier to just pick it up.

I guess.. maybe... he can't call the police about it if he doesn't have a sign that says 'Don't do that'.

Like the 'No Trespassing' sign. If you don't have a sign up telling people not to trespass, they can't be arrested for doing it.

:confused:

uh are you sure? if my door is open and some stranger walks into the house, when they shouldn't be, i can't do squat about it?

The only problem I see with the sign is that dogs can't read. :smile: Most of the dogs pooping on yards do so in the early morning of late at night when their masters turn them out to do their business.

Just so you know, I do have a dog but never let him out by himself. I take a bag with me for when my dog has to go. I also don't get uptight when another dog poops on my lawn. I find it easier to just pick it up.

Ah, but Gordon YOU can read! Many dog owners don't, or can't--apparently! And then there are cats. . . .:mad:

I had one of those types of signs at my place "Your pooch? Your poop. Pick it up and take it with ya." If people would be responsible for their pets, the world wouldn't need signs like this. I don't see where this sign would be offensive. Obviously, that home owner has had problems in the past. Long live cats!! :biggrin:

I had one of those types of signs at my place "Your pooch? Your poop. Pick it up and take it with ya." If people would be responsible for their pets, the world wouldn't need signs like this. I don't see where this sign would be offensive. Obviously, that home owner has had problems in the past. Long live cats!! :biggrin:

I like ya regardless:Love:!!!

I like ya regardless:Love:!!!

Heyyyyyy! Cats are just 'silent dogs' who don't need walking! I'm a dog person but my lifestyle doesn't support the ownership of a dog. My friends up at the cottage have a black lab, Dayna, and I call her my 'furry daughter'. Even if I'm not there, she always stops on the road looking at my place, waiting for me to come out to enthusiastically greet her. When I take her for walks, I ALWAYS pick up after her, even in the wild wood trails.

Real Name
Chris
Ummm. This sign doesn't say anything about birds. Yet look at the right side of the sign, about in the middle. Right behind the dog's tail, right where his eye is looking.

It's all part of living in the ecosphere.

with my education i cant comment on the punctuation

but i would not want dogs dumping on my property :Angry:

I love all animals and don't blame them for crapping in my yard. My neighbor lets her yellow lab out twice a day and stands on her porch watching it go on my lawn. When confronted she said "thats what dogs do, they are dogs". I started picking it up with a shovel and putting it on her doorstep. She called the police and they agreed with me. I was just returning it to the owner. She now leashes the dog and it goes in her yard! GH

Real Name
Alex
We have an ordinance for public spaces
571830370_4X3MF-O.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I fully believe you should clean up after your dog. It's unsanitary and dangerous. I've seen people stepping - and slipping - on dog poop on the sidewalk.

Latest threads

Top Bottom