1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Poopoo and more...

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by Removed User 2, Jul 12, 2007.

1. The Rebel!

Web-2007July9-2.

Father and son, I guess.

Web-2007July9-1.

Mother and Baby.

Web-2007July11-1.

2. Ned, is that your dog breaking the law? Tsk, tsk, no shame!:biggrin:
    By the way that third shot is a stunner!

3. Thanks Ray!

Yes, my little dog. We both like that spot... :biggrin:

4. the third photograph does it for me..the title 'mother and baby', i think the mother is carrying a large cat, instead of baby...could that be ?

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    It's a devil baby Rodney!

Ned these are priceless - especially the humor in the first one. It's pretty good slapstick, which is difficult to get in a still photo. How many such shots look set up. I mean this one probably is, but it doesn't look like it. I imagine it'll be getting circulated in those huge email pass-arounds soon.

#3 is beautiful and #2 says something soulful. I'm not sure what, but I could easily make up a story for it.

6. She was carrying a baby for sure but yeah, it could pass as a cat on that pic.

Thanks! :) 

Hi Chris!

The shot wasn't setup at all. My little dog just went. I have the sequence where my wife is picking it all up and then it falls off the bag and then she has to pick it up again with a weird face caused by intense stink. That's what I like about Leicas: They're so small and cool to hold that I bring it everywhere I go and I'm not letting a moment slip without taking a shot at it. I pick up the camera, I select the "lens of the day" and that's it. That day it was the summarit 5cm. The next day it was the sumicron 90... etc.What a wonderful way of photographing: strictly composing instead of zooming and looking like an idiot on a sidewalk with a bazooka and a bag full of lenses. I used to be such an idiot and I thought "hey, all these people looking at me must be thinking I'm so cool" when they sactually thought I was nothing more then a Bozo. :D izzy: (I'm exaggerating, of course, but there is so much trugth to this anyway!)

7. cellison

cellison

Mar 18, 2006
    Canada
    Ned, that made laugh. I know exactly what you mean. Shooting with the Leica feels so simple and uneventful compared to my D200 + battery grip + 17-35 behemoth. With the Leica unless the light changes drastically I just set the shutter and aperture and I'm ready to shoot. After you take the picture you think "that was easy... next!".

p.s.: The third shot is my favorite :) 

Chris

8. LOL

9. Poopoo :wink:

Erwitt is a master, no doubt. Unfortunately, that kind of work is not really understood or interesting to forum masses. Or so it seems to me.

10. I could never get away with that with my dogs.

Probably because they were 32 inches or taller at the shoulder. :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.