Poopoo and more...

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by Removed User 2, Jul 12, 2007.

1. The Rebel!

Web-2007July9-2.

Father and son, I guess.

Web-2007July9-1.

Mother and Baby.

Web-2007July11-1.

2. Ned, is that your dog breaking the law? Tsk, tsk, no shame!:biggrin:
    By the way that third shot is a stunner!

3. Thanks Ray!

Yes, my little dog. We both like that spot... :biggrin:

4. the third photograph does it for me..the title 'mother and baby', i think the mother is carrying a large cat, instead of baby...could that be ?

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    It's a devil baby Rodney!

Ned these are priceless - especially the humor in the first one. It's pretty good slapstick, which is difficult to get in a still photo. How many such shots look set up. I mean this one probably is, but it doesn't look like it. I imagine it'll be getting circulated in those huge email pass-arounds soon.

#3 is beautiful and #2 says something soulful. I'm not sure what, but I could easily make up a story for it.

6. She was carrying a baby for sure but yeah, it could pass as a cat on that pic.

Thanks! :)

Hi Chris!

The shot wasn't setup at all. My little dog just went. I have the sequence where my wife is picking it all up and then it falls off the bag and then she has to pick it up again with a weird face caused by intense stink. That's what I like about Leicas: They're so small and cool to hold that I bring it everywhere I go and I'm not letting a moment slip without taking a shot at it. I pick up the camera, I select the "lens of the day" and that's it. That day it was the summarit 5cm. The next day it was the sumicron 90... etc.What a wonderful way of photographing: strictly composing instead of zooming and looking like an idiot on a sidewalk with a bazooka and a bag full of lenses. I used to be such an idiot and I thought "hey, all these people looking at me must be thinking I'm so cool" when they sactually thought I was nothing more then a Bozo. :Dizzy: (I'm exaggerating, of course, but there is so much trugth to this anyway!)

7. cellison

cellison

Mar 18, 2006
    Canada
    Ned, that made laugh. I know exactly what you mean. Shooting with the Leica feels so simple and uneventful compared to my D200 + battery grip + 17-35 behemoth. With the Leica unless the light changes drastically I just set the shutter and aperture and I'm ready to shoot. After you take the picture you think "that was easy... next!".

p.s.: The third shot is my favorite :)

Chris

8. LOL

9. Poopoo :wink:

Erwitt is a master, no doubt. Unfortunately, that kind of work is not really understood or interesting to forum masses. Or so it seems to me.

10. I could never get away with that with my dogs.

Probably because they were 32 inches or taller at the shoulder. :biggrin: