Poor Odie!

Discussion in 'People' started by gbenic, Jul 6, 2005.

1. While going through our vacation photos, I think that this is one of my favorites. The lighting was terrible and there was a lot of people here to meet Garfield and Odie. My daughter was the only one to squeeze Odie's nose. It even caught Odie off-guard!

As far as the image itself goes, I re-sized and re-sampled for the web. As you can see, there was a lot of bright sunlight and shadows everywhere. Since it was impossible to move the subjects out of the light, what settings should I have changed on my D70?

1/400"
    F10
    +0.33EV
    RAW
    Flash Not Used

[​IMG]

2. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi greg-

lighting is tough especially for portraits when the sun's overhead. some fill flash would've helped, or else a reflector if you had access to one.

ricky

3. I thought of fill flash after the fact. I started using a flash the next day for most of my photos. I need to remember to use it more often.

Thanks.

4. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Very sharp, nice picture that recorded that memory for your daughter. Great job, in my opinion. How did you not blow the whites with that much contrast? I just shot in similar situations and didn't do so well on capturing the entire range of light.