1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Pop-Up Phollies

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Harry Lavo, Jul 18, 2007.

1. These two collided by the grandstand, allowing the ball to drop and the Holyoke batter another chance.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    1/1000s f/4.0 145mm iso800

No, he didn't fall over. But he did stumble and fail to catch the pop-up.

[​IMG]
    1/1250s f/4.0 200mm iso800

And in one I didn't capture, in the eleventh inning the catcher for the Gulls misjudged a pop-up and lunged after it, knocking himself and the ball in-bounds and putting a Giant who turned out to be the winning run on base.

My thanks to those who criticized my settings in previous posts...these were shot completely neutral and then a bit of contrast applied. No sharpening was used...I'd appreciate your view as to whether some would have been better or not. Further critique always welcome.

2. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Harry these are looking much better, focus looks good , colors are better,keep at it
    If you don't mind , I reworked your 1st
    ran though Noise ninja
    Levels adjustment
    USM 95% /.04/0

[​IMG]

3. Hi Harry,

I have to agree with Mark, every post is getting better and better quality shots, and your eye for content was good and getting better too. The adjustments that Mark made really helped a lot, so if you want to find your best shots and use Noise Ninja on it, and maybe even some other post processing, PP, workflow too that may also make them stunning. I know of a few excellent web sites that show some great adjustments you can make into a Photoshop action that you could use repeatedly, in case you want them just let me know.

4. Thanks, Steve. Have just sent an email requesting same...and look forward to the information.

5. Mark -

I never mind anything you think can help. I'm intrigued by your settings...I have experiemented with Neat Image, occasionally getting a subtle but good result. However usually when I get it to the point where I see positive change I also tend to see negatives...and have started to shy away from noise reduction more than I used to. Does Noise Ninja have an auto adjust feature, or do you do it manually? And if so, where do you start your search or the "correct" settings? With the radius and then the amount?

6. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    NN has both , I just auto profiled your picture, then Unsharp mask as described, and a little Levels change

NN can be adjusted to your liking

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.