Popeye asked me to post this photo of them shooting bears...

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Backdoctor, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Location: Silver Salmon Creek,Ak

Mission: Photograph Bears

Here Joe Colson, leader of the photo expedition is telling me, "Hey Campoli
    try -1.0"

Bernie

original.

looks more like a bird to me than a bear 8)

2. So, what have we REALLY got here, and did they REALLY want you to take a picture????

On the left I see Mr. Chimp, who appears to be taking a test shot of a tree branch, from the angle of the camera. Or perhaps he is shooting a "stealth squirrel" for Yves...

Next, I see the obligatory tourist trying to get OUT of the picture. You can tell this is a tourist by that hat. The leather "wannabe a Cowboy" look you know :wink:

Next we have the "I'm trying to be young again" fellow who is trying to send you signals. Obviously trying to regain a lost youth by the "I'm cool, got MY cap on backwards" look. OH, yeah, that had thing, must be one of those bits the rappers do, supporting the notion of "recapture youtH". Surprised he is not wearing those overly baggy pants as well....

Then we have "Mr. Photographer photographing the Photographer" fellow. This guy must have a really bad sense of humor, thinking we will all find it humorous that he is taking YOUR picture taking HIS picture. Oh, wait, did you get a Red Light or Speeding ticket in the mail Harris :?: :?: :?: Quite sad that someone finds THIS Humorous.

Last, but not least, hiding in the background. I fear that this person will be tainted by the rest of group, tarred with the same feather. as we know these folks are REALLY just posing at the Bass Pro Shop :!: :!:

At least these guys could have made a fashion statement. Oh, did any of them take pictures of anything worthwhile????? :wink:

3. A motley crew for sure but they did turn out some good images.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    lol@Bill

You are a hoot....

The crew.

Yeah they got some pics in a place I would sure like to go.

Beautiful images that motley crew turned out ...;>)))))

5. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Boys will be boys, won't they? ;<)

Fun shot!

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Got to add,

Looks more like they are shutting the "BULL" lolol

Nice shot popeye, thanks for sharing and Harris for posting.

7. Ok i will give my critique on the photo. The photo is not as appealing as it could be because of the lack of female photographers in the shot.

Isn't it great to have a fun time by giving critique to your photo.

Oh and Gale does that 500D canon gives you the ability to still focus easily. With my 6T nikon closeup lens i must manually focus and walk in or out to get good focus.

Greetings,
    VinceBeus

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Vince,

Haven't had a chance to play with it.

Right now Kevin has the 70-200 and the 500D..

I use th 80-400 most of the time.

Wonder if he has had a chance to try it.