Popeye had me post this shot for him...

Popeye is in the process of getting a Pbase or Smugmug acct. Here is a shot he needed to post. Looks awesome to me. What do you think.

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hey Todd, good to see you. I think you'll find some old friends here. No trolling, except for me. (Bill Dewey helps out, but wont admit it)

Enjoy. 8)

Excellent shot Bernie. :!: Thanks for posting Harris. :!:

Regards,

Frank

Backdoctor said:
Popeye is in the process of getting a Pbase or Smugmug acct. Here is a shot he needed to post. Looks awesome to me. What do you think.

Backdoctor said:
Hey Todd, good to see you. I think you'll find some old friends here. No trolling, except for me. (Bill Dewey helps out, but wont admit it)

Enjoy. 8)

Sheesh, the way rumors get started around here....

To be PERFECTLY clear, Dewey DOES troll....

Tuna, Wahoo, Salmon.........and it can be boring as, well, you know what :wink: .

Now, to the image itself, gorgeous, but am I the only one who thinks it would benefit from a slight CW rotation? Quick whack with the Measure Tool along the shore at the top, them Image->Rotation->Arbitrary. Might be worth a try, eh?

Dewey, I was going to say the same thing (about the rotation). But it's better for the trolls to say it first... :)

I like this pic a lot. High contrast, so I know it was difficult to get detail in both the snow and the trees. I'd be tempted to experiment with DEE (Capture) or Shadow/Highlight (PhotoShop) adjustments to see if it could be balanced a bit more without adding too much noise in the darker areas.

Love that reflection!

Retief said:
Backdoctor said:

Enjoy. 8)

Sheesh, the way rumors get started around here....

To be PERFECTLY clear, Dewey DOES troll....

Tuna, Wahoo, Salmon.........and it can be boring as, well, you know what :wink: .

Now, to the image itself, gorgeous, but am I the only one who thinks it would benefit from a slight CW rotation? Quick whack with the Measure Tool along the shore at the top, them Image->Rotation->Arbitrary. Might be worth a try, eh?

I knew you trolled! :D

Beautiful image, Popeye

And if it wasn't for some know-it-all pointing out it's lacking of being perfectly level ;) I would'a never noticed! Thnx for that leveling tip too "Reteif". Hey, Bill does that name mean you're a fan of Reteif Goosen the golfer?

Backdoctor said:

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Very nice image, beautiful mountains. I too noticed right off that it was not level and I'm sure a slight CW rotation would help.

Gordon

Re: Beautiful image, Popeye

Steve S said:
And if it wasn't for some know-it-all pointing out it's lacking of being perfectly level ;) I would'a never noticed! Thnx for that leveling tip too "Reteif". Hey, Bill does that name mean you're a fan of Reteif Goosen the golfer?

As to "know-it-all", I have had the same comment made regarding a bunch of my pictures lately. I often get so caught up in following a bird that the horizon goes unnoticed.

As to Retief, nope, although I was once asked if I was So. African. Apparently one Piet Retief was one of the original Voortrekkers.

Mine comes from Jame Retief, Intergalactic Diplomat in a series of books by Keith Laumer. His claim to fame is getting the job done, often by ignoring the bureaucratic bozos he works for, as well as being a bit of a wise-guy. Started reading these at a very young age, 8 or 9, I wonder if it had anything to do with the way I am now...... At any rate, great stories, fun reads.

As to golf, I think my longest drive is about 550, measured in millimeters :lol: , golf is not my friend.....

Popeye had me post this for hom

Thanks for the advice on Teton image, I've reworked it and when I get an account to send I will resend.

Reasons it wasn't level on your monitor

1. Horizon was level on my screen when I sent it

2. It was my first morning in the Tetons and as I had driven from
Florida to Wyoming and it was very cold I drank the alcohol out
of the bubble level I had on top of my D2H which warmed me up
and I went back to making images.

POPEYE

Re: Popeye had me post this for hom

Popeye said:
Thanks for the advice on Teton image, I've reworked it and when I get an account to send I will resend.

Reasons it wasn't level on your monitor

1. Horizon was level on my screen when I sent it

2. It was my first morning in the Tetons and as I had driven from
Florida to Wyoming and it was very cold I drank the alcohol out
of the bubble level I had on top of my D2H which warmed me up
and I went back to making images.

POPEYE

If you need a place temporarily, let me know, I can set you up with a gallery to pop them into.

As to the "Reasons", I was expecting....

It's because.......I Yam what's I Yam...........I think I'm showing my age....

Re: New Names

Chris101 said:
Retief said:
Mine comes from Jame Retief, Intergalactic Diplomat in a series of books by Keith Laumer.

That's what I thought - geez, are we geeks or what.

You, sir, are a man of rare good taste......

By the way, I personally prefer the "or what" to "geeks", just a thing with me and labels...... :wink:

Popeye

I am one of the biggest offenders of having tilting horizons, what a beautiful scenery you captured there must add the Tetons to my list of places to see.

Latest threads

Top Bottom