Poppy and Pomegranate

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by greyflash, May 7, 2007.

1. I took a few minutes this morning and photographed some spring flowers. Images were taken with my D2H and 70-200mm f2.8 lens with Cannon 500D. All images were handheld shots.

Poppy flower pod:

original.

Interior of poppy:

original.

Flowering Pomegranate blossom (backlit):

original.

2. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    neat shots all 3 of them.. the inside is awesome

3. Oh good, I got a comment. I haven't posted in this forum for a long time and I was afraid my pictures were a complete bust. Thanks for taking the time to comment. Actually I just purchased the 500D and wanted to give it a try.

4. All ambient light Gordon? The third one is the best - I was thinking the first would be really cool with some fill flash or some flash from the side. There's something about the tiny filaments on the shaded side being darker; if they shared some of that brilliance that the filaments on the edge possess, it would really dance.

Sean

5. Thanks Sean and yes, they were all ambient light. I shot them this morning about 9:00 AM. Image #3 was lit from the back and it made the blossom almost look like it was on fire. Your right about the first one and I actually did lighten it up in PP but I didn't like it as well. I agree that if I could have made the tiny filiaments light up it would have made the picture, unfortunately I did not have anything to do that with. Perhaps I should try again.

6. I like the detail shown in number two and the lighting in number three. I like the 70-200 + 500D combination though I haven't used it since I found the yellow jacket nest on my deck. Very nice captures Gordon, I look forward to more as the summer progresses.

7. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

the halo on #1 is really elegant.

8. Thanks Crystall. This is really the first images taken with my 500D and overall I was pleased.

Thanks Mike, I appreciate you taking the time to comment. I kind of liked the halo as well.

9. Very nice, Gordon. I like #3 very much, it seems to glow from inside.

Cheers

10. Thanks Harry, the back lighting did make it come alive.