Poppy Awakening

Still sleeping
Poppy%20blooming%201940-X3.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Almost there...
Poppy%20blooming%201937-X3.jpg

Ta da!!
Poppy%20blooming%20%20%20cropped%201936-X3.jpg

Nice set. I agree with Allan that the first one works best for me. Consider trying it in monochrome.
thanks Mike...here's a black and white sample
POPPY%201940%20B%26W-X3.jpg

Nice!
I like second most. I have these in my garden and se them in the morning in full blom and later the same day they are gone and all over again the next day.

Edit: mine a a bit different than these. Im not that good at flowers mine do have a more simple look...

Nice!
I like second most. I have these in my garden and se them in the morning in full blom and later the same day they are gone and all over again the next day.

Edit: mine a a bit different than these. Im not that good at flowers mine do have a more simple look...
Thanks Daniel . Glad that you like it. Post a photo of the ones in your garden so we can see.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Beautiful! I like #2 the best based on composition, soft uncluttered background and commanding subject!

#2 is a great shot and just when I'm thinking hard about a z6
you know Randy...I sold my D850 in anticipation of buying the D6...after that I will sell my D500 and will keep the Z6..I like it that much. Coupled with the 50 1.8 s and for me the more impressive 85mm 1.8 S it's hard to not like..I've shot birds around the house with the Z6 ( albeit more often thorough the windows,,so noise is not a concern. For DIF's ( deer in flight) I've no concerns whatsoever. I still have the D500. for BIF's and have not used the Z6 that often for that...primarily because I do have the D500. So for now the Z6 stays....until the next iteration that meets my photographic needs. You of course will make your own decision depending on your needs. Oh..and with the latest firmware update Trooper is happy knowing that the autofocus can more accurately catch him in focus..

Wonderful stuff.
I find 2 very powerful- I would get rid of the color in the top left corner. I find that pulls my eye out of the picture, but that may just be me.
#1 is powerful, but I find two of something somehow unsettling. I like 1 or 3 objects. I do like the way you got both of the pods and stems in focus. In print, and these deserve to be printed, I think the light greens on the left are too light and attract unneeded attention. One minute in photoshop and they are gone.
Really really nice stuff
Gary

Latest threads

Top Bottom