Portable Storage Device

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by Chris C, Oct 2, 2005.

1. I've been away from the forum for a while, but several months ago I was busy asking everyone for advice about the PDX70 portable storage device. I figured that was the way to go and certainly got good information from several of you here on the forum. I was getting close to the time to order the device when an acquaintance (not really familiar with camera equipment) heard me talking and when I mentioned the PDX70 wouldn't store RAW he asked "WHY?". I couldn't really answer him. The he got on the internet and came up with this: http://web.mymediagear.com/Default.aspx?tabid=91

I can't come up with a physical size on this device, but it doesn't look portable to me. He says it'll store RAW, or anything else I want to download, and it sure stores a whole lot more than the PDX70, and lower priced to boot. Does anyone have any comments that might help me here?

2. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    The PD70X will store RAW just fine. In fact it will store _any_ file format just fine because it doesn't care about file formats. Whatever's on the CF card will be downloaded to the PSD.

3. Oh! Wonder where I got that information in my brain?

4. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

5. That's the problem, Monty...............yes I'm tempted, but I can't tell if it's a portable device or not. Looks, in the pictures, to be a desktop device. Of course, I'm computer illiterate and don't understand all of this stuff. The PDX70s looks like a dynamite product for what I want.

6. Just in case anyone is interested..............................my friend who made the suggestion for the camera hard drive on the site I posted, called tonight and said he'd been doing a lot of research for me on these products. (many more than just the two mentioned above) He said, from the standpoint of technology, convenience, etc., he felt the PDX70 was way and far ahead of the products in this field.............at least in this price range. He highly recommended I stick with the PDX70. (of course this is just an opinion, so I don't mean to step on any toes if you have something different and love it)