1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Portfolio app for iPad

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by Allan, Mar 13, 2018.

1. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing

Oct 15, 2008
    GA
    I personally don't (I just use my website if necessary) but i'd pick one that allows more than just the Photos app/camera roll to import. Dropbox would be cool but that first one has the ability to import by URL so that intrigues me.

2. I am still thinking if it is worth while bothering with any of them. It might just be an extra add step for me to do - I have enough to do. The dropbox feature is nice.
    I will post here, however, if I try one.

3. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing

Oct 15, 2008
    GA
    Personally, it seems like a redundant feature if it requires you to show it to others. I could create a folder in Photos and upload the ones I want there, I could do it in dropbox, I could create a website and show them there. The app, at least for me, sounds like overkill.

4. I am leaning doing something like that. Perhaps I will create extra galleries in smugmug and then show to others through the app. The only downside is I need an internet connection.

5. A while back I bought an APP called Foliobook (heard it recommended on a podcast). I really liked it, used it for a while but now my business model does not have a need for it. But I really liked it.

Edit: I just followed your link and see it was one of the 7

6. I have a folder on my Mac's desktop with subfolders of various categories of my favorite or best images and I sync that entire folder to my iPad -- voila, instant portfolio! No need for an internet connection, as the images are on the iPad itself. This is separate from "Camera Roll," which is images shot with the device itself. I also have the same thing synced to my iPhone, which in turn syncs to my Apple watch; the custom faces on my watch are all my own images.

7. I did look at that one. I think Scott Kelby recommended it once. None of the top ones have a try before you buy option.

8. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing

Oct 15, 2008
    GA
    Tether from phone, done.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.