1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Portfolio prelems

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by KrisCH, Aug 19, 2008.

1. KrisCH

KrisCH Guest

2779310106_2f7a25a984_o.

2779310040_68d1827e89_o.

2778452663_41d88810df_o.

2778452625_bd59da51b7_o.

2778452423_12dff50bdf_o.

These are some of the preliminary selects from a shoot i did the other day im just looking for some feedback...thanks

2. I like the PP that you have done to these. Different but nice because of the location and background. Looking into the windows of the building I can see a hint of blue sky and clouds so it appears that these were taken during the day. Do you have a more color version, so to speak?

3. Kemnik

Kemnik

Aug 21, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    Welcome to the cafe and what a great set of images to kick it off with! I liked them a lot. The composition and lighting is cool. What was your setup?

4. Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  5. Great set of photos and I love the post processing. Are these for editorial use or just a portrait portfolio? Either way, it's a great set of images!

6. Welcome KrisCH-
    Wonderful photos, your subject is first class too.

7. KrisCH

KrisCH Guest

Thankyou guy this is a completely new direction for me, Im glad to see its going over well

@Edrod13
    I do have the full color versions, i can post some to do a before and after a little later.

@Kemnik
    my setup is just one light my sb 800 some are hard light and some are with a 43' shoot thru, i wasnt thinking or i would have taken a pic it. i'll grab some setup frames next time.

@staceylynn
    these are just for my portfolio, but i would love to get into editorial work. LOL i just got back from visiting family in Charlotte, the longest drive ever back to phila, but NC is a pretty place to live.

8. Gigantos

Gigantos Guest

Fantastic collection!

9. Nice set Kris, welcome to the Cafe!

Gary

10. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Nice set of images, and I love the 'look'. Shooting with a single strobe in daylight can afford some great opportunities for neat images!

11. TCMony

TCMony

Jul 20, 2006
    McDonough GA
    This is an awsome selection. I really like the lighting, but the last two seem to have a little too much contrast. I like the look but I would like to hear from you when you print it. Just a suggestion, but these images are amazing.

12. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    I like number 2, but that wire in the image bugs me......maybe you can do some post processing and remove it and the shadow of the wire. Thanks for sharing!

13. Did you brush in a + exposure on the subject? seems to be a halo effect around him

14. fyreflie24

fyreflie24

Jun 24, 2005
    Charlotte NC
    Hey Philly boy! You're making me home sick! You'll have to look me up next time you're in Charlotte... I've got some awesome models here and a great makeup artist... we could do some serious damage!

love these, everything about them!

Welcome to Cafe!

15. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    Welcome to the cafe Kris, I love the pose in the first shot really show off the suit well. and I like the expression in the last. Where did ya shoot these at ( looks like the Art Museam )

Dan

16. KrisCH

KrisCH Guest

@TCMony
    I think your right they are a little harsh but ive been starin at the whole set of 14 for a week, i wasnt sure which ones i was going to print but i think these will be first as is for a test....

@Zee71
    yea these were just the selects from the shoot theres still some phila dirt and wires i need to pull out of a few of these.....

@pixelharmony
    i dont think so that more than likely the sharpining in camera i shoot alot of sports so my d300 is like set to 9 and i really forgot to reset it before the shoot (thx alot gary,lol) garys my boss he's around here somewhere, but all of these shots have a - exposure as well because of the pp i was playing around with in lightroom.....

@ fyreflie24
    Now that is really funny I was just in Charlotte the week before this shoot visiting family i hadn't been in phila 24 hrs before i did this shoot with this model. But i would love to shoot around in the carolina landscape i definitely will....

@Dan
    you are dead on the Art Museum at a little after rush hour, i thought there would be less ppl and less of a chance of somebody telling me to stop, but the Museum was having a gala dinner, so i had ppl walking past looking like whats going on, i even had one gentleman with his date go so far as to tell the model he looked sexy in his suit which left us both cracking up laughing

17. KrisCH

KrisCH Guest

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.