Portra 400... a random mix

Love the colors. It's terrific film. Nice family shots. You have a happy looking group. Wonderful smiles.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys! Yes Art, they are a smilely happy bunch. I am out of color film, and I have got to order more Portra! I love it too!

Nice set Shaun and great people!
I got some 400 in my F100 waiting for the autumn colors to show up here in Norway, always liked Portra for it´s colors.

Thank you guys! Fredrik, I took some fall shots a couple years ago with some Portra 160, but don't remember being too pleased with the color of those... I should dig them up and re-look at them.

Fredrik, I took some fall shots a couple years ago with some Portra 160, but don't remember being too pleased with the color of those... I should dig them up and re-look at them.
I did the same thing last year, didn´t like the colors and results, but I´ve seen some wonderful shots with Portra 400, so I´m looking forward to see how the 400 perform in the same camera this fall.

If possible, post some of your 160 so we can see the results too.

Shaun, great series. I especially like the portraits. I noticed a line in the running horizontal in the landscape orientated shots and vertical in those shot in the portrait orientation. Is this a scanner fault?

Thanks for looking Ray! Yeah, I think that line is a scanner issue... I had these developed for me, though, so that's only my guess...

Fredrik, sorry I'm late to post these, but here are the fall shots I took a few fall seasons ago that I wasn't happy with. As I look again, I am reminded that it was an overcast day, but I still think these turned out dull and washed out, as far as fall colors go...

32530006 by Reptile Guy, on Flickr

32530008 by Reptile Guy, on Flickr

32530011 by Reptile Guy, on Flickr

32530014 by Reptile Guy, on Flickr

32530018 by Reptile Guy, on Flickr

32530022 by Reptile Guy, on Flickr

Please note that I rarely post-process my film shots... there's something nice about just shooting and being done with them! :smile:

Hey William! These last pics were taken a couple of years ago in MI... Took a drive a little north of the GR area to try and find some better color. I'm sorry I don't remember the exact locations, but they were, perhaps, taken along the Muskegon... but don't quote me on that! :)

Thanks Mike! I'm happy with the top set of pics. I wasn't thrilled with the saturation (OOC) of the bottom set, which is why I had posted them. In the meantime, I have acquired a vast collection of film (100+ rolls of great variety), which includes some Velvia 50, as well as some Ektachrome. I am super excited to find an opportunity to use those. I will stick with Portra for people shots (family, engagements, weddings), and use the other for landscapes. PS - I think I prefer the overall look of the Portra 400 over the 160... I love a little grain...

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom