Portra 800

Real Name
Chris
I recommended this film to Mark in his New Orleans thread.

These pictures are from three different rolls of Portra 800:

Agave
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Peeler

Crystal

Colander

Cactus

Green House

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris did you shoot at box speed on these? Im liking what Im seeing ,the grain is there but its very pleasing to the eyes. Very Nice results

Chris, excellent work, thanks for the remind about Portra 800. I have one expired roll left (120) in the fridge, need to find some more.

Looking through crystal spectacles, I can see you've had your fun enough
Donovan, really like the Crystal pic. :biggrin: I find the grain quite pleasing from
the 800 film. Excellent choice for city-at-night pictures, too. :cool:

I´ve always liked the 800, grainy - but I like this type of grain in colors. Nice subjects and colors here Chris, I´m soft for the color green, and I think film shows green far better than digital.

Love how the colors and detail are still there through the grain. I am gonna buy some of this when I hit the photo store in June!!! For sure!

Real Name
Chris
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Chris did you shoot at box speed on these? Im liking what Im seeing ,the grain is there but its very pleasing to the eyes. Very Nice results
Thanks Mark! Yes, Box speed. Developed at Walgreens.

Chris, excellent work, thanks for the remind about Portra 800. I have one expired roll left (120) in the fridge, need to find some more.

Looking through crystal spectacles, I can see you've had your fun enough
Donovan, really like the Crystal pic. :biggrin: I find the grain quite pleasing from
the 800 film. Excellent choice for city-at-night pictures, too. :cool:
Thanks Bill. Enjoy your roll, and be sure to post what you can from it!

I´ve always liked the 800, grainy - but I like this type of grain in colors. Nice subjects and colors here Chris, I´m soft for the color green, and I think film shows green far better than digital.
Thanks Fredrik - green is my hardest color to see. The cactus picture and the agave make it so even I can appreciate the color! :BigGrin:

Holy cow WOW Chris. I'm gonna fill up my F6 with this and shoot some mother's day pics.
Thank you Nick - have fun tomorrow!

all the shots are very appealing to me + the micro scratches i like that. :D
Thanks Hap! If this was Hipstmatic, those scratches would cost extra. :Crunk:

Wow, these are some wonderful colors! Beautiful. I need to get an F75 and try it!
Thank you Jan. I hear that is a great camera. I shot these with an Olympus OM-1n and a 50mm lens.

I'm convinced. I'll take a roll or two to NOLA this summer. Thanks for the samples, Chris.
:biggrin: I'm really looking forward to seeing what you bring back from that trip Mark.

Love how the colors and detail are still there through the grain. I am gonna buy some of this when I hit the photo store in June!!! For sure!
Thanks Shaun. The grain really accentuates the sharpness.

Very nice colors and subjects Chris. I'm guessing I need to add a few rolls of this to my next order. I too like the grain and the saturation levels on the greens.

Real Name
Chris
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Art! You will love the film.

I really dig the lighting in your middle picture boachi. The colors of all three are very pleasing.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom