Portrait Backgrounds

Can anyone suggest a good, portable background? Botero? Lastolite? Extended train? I would love shades in white, black and/or gray. Thanks in advance for the reply.

Can anyone suggest a good, portable background? Botero? Lastolite? Extended train? I would love shades in white, black and/or gray. Thanks in advance for the reply.

Wendy - I think your questions is too vague...not sure what you are asking. Are you asking about weight, size, manufacturer? All backgrounds are portable...but if size is what you are wanting, I would say a 10x10 and very lightweight. You might want to re-ask you question.

Wendy - I think your questions is too vague...not sure what you are asking. Are you asking about weight, size, manufacturer? All backgrounds are portable...but if size is what you are wanting, I would say a 10x10 and very lightweight. You might want to re-ask you question.

Apologies for the vagueness. I am interested in hearing testimonials from people whom have purchased similar items. I have been searching to usual camera stores in NYC and find pages and pages of product on their websites yet when I call with questions (size? weight? quality?) the service reps don't have answers.

I am shooting a senior portrait early next month and the mom wants an inside 'studio' shot and the senior wants outside shots.

Ideally, a response such as this would be great... Wendy, I would go with X manufacturer in the extended train size. X brand has done me well for these reasons and you will be happier getting the extended train size if your portraiture work continues. I bought a 5x7' background at first and learned within months when my portraiture work continued that the 5x7' was useless and I sold it shortly thereafter.

Better? I am not adverse to expanding my arsenal of equipment as long as the purchase is an investment and not a quick solution to satisfy this one client.

Thanks again,

Wendy

Well IMHO...you need to try and be the mod here and do both. I am primarily an ON LOCATION photographer...but lately I have been asked to do in-studio so I researching my backgrounds and have found HOYA to have lots of good ones. Hoya is in China, however they deliver really quickly. Here are some of my shots I've taken.

I will say that seniors love color...so do something very colorful.

I am not familar with those items you mentioned.

small.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

COLLAGE2.jpg

COLORIMGL3449copy.jpg

TRAVIS.gif

If you have enough space, just get a gray paper roll.

If you shoot it same exposure as the subject it's gray. If you light it, 2 stops over your subject it's white, and if you light it 2 stops under your subject, it's black :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom