1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Portrait by window light

Discussion in 'People' started by Mitchell, Apr 6, 2007.

1. A quick snap of my daughters today on their way outside by a large window. How are they growing up so fast???

I love the natural lighting. Took this with the 50mm, f1.4 on the D2X.

[​IMG]

2. Excellent shot of these charmers Mitch, my favorite light anytime!

3. Very nice. I'm much preferring natural light portraits than the studio work lately...

4. Oh yessssss, that's one beautiful shot! Natural light working with the 50/1.4 is wonderful. What a pair of gorgeous girls! :smile:

5. Mitch......... beautiful photograph!

Natural light...... it's the 8th wonder of the world! :smile: :smile: :smile:

G

6. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Great shot, Mitchell.

7. My thoughts exactly!

8. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Very nice Mitchell. I also love the light. Also a wonderful job getting them both with very cute expressions.

9. Just looking through Shutterbug magazine which is filled with ads for lighting. Nature definitely does best - at least in your hands. Beautiful girls.

10. srwatters

srwatters

Feb 27, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Very nice. And those eyes...

I hope you have a shotgun!

I plan on sitting in my chair sharpening a machete when my two daughters dates arrive :eek:  :biggrin:

11. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    The image is so creamy I assumed you shot it with the 85mm 1.4. Very nice portrait.

12. Scott, thank for looking.

I've gone to the 50mm, f1.4 for portraits when shooting more than one subject. I find the 85mm, f1.4 is just too long for me. The 50mm can produce some creamy bokeh.

13. Scott, I don't even want to think about those days yet!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.