portrait - my favorite movie

I like the image a lot, but it intrigues me his wearing the tee shirt. Is he a fan? It fascinates me how culture spreads, some of the things I have seen in my travels.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice shot. I like it.
Thanks!

I like the image a lot, but it intrigues me his wearing the tee shirt. Is he a fan? It fascinates me how culture spreads, some of the things I have seen in my travels.
Thank you Charlie - I was a bit baffled to meet the man in this old place of town. He probably knew was the shirt was about - it was all very fast though, so I didn't have a conversation about it …

Wonderful capture, Dirk!
Great background separation!
Thanks Bart! I did not yet make my mind up about this camera + lens in regards of backgrounds.
I don't like the background rendering with this lens wide open or slightly stopped down, but the S2 really needs a LOT of light, so I happen to shoot it wide open a lot.

At about ƒ4 the lens really starts to sing - backgrounds get a better formation (less distracting and more natural), while the separation is still very apparent with the large sensor.

I think, looked at large for example in a wall print, the photos made wight the S2 make a lot more sense, as only then do they reveal all their beauty (you simply do not get the slightest idea about the immersive details, you can explore in such a large print from this camera with these tiny web JPGs).

Today I received my Mamiya 645 to S2 adapter and I am going to use some of my favourite Mamiya and Hasselblad lenses on the S2 - I am hoping, the character of the 80/1.9 and 150/2.8 is kept on the S2 sensor!

Once again a very good pict Dirk!
Thanks Rob ;-)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom