1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Portrait of a gamer...

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by Flyfishdk, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Flyfishdk

Flyfishdk

Nov 1, 2006
    Denmark
    Hi all

I got an assignment from the news paper I freelance for, "make some portraits of the first danish pro computer gamer (fifa soccer)"

Hmm very difficult I thought I can make the normal shoots of him in front of a computer... id did them.... just to be safe... but I thought that I had to be creative... almost all kids would be in wonderland if they could make money of playing computer.. how can I show that..... I made this portrait of the guy... for me the shadow is a symbol dreaming... Does it work do you think?
    _DSC6484-Edit.
    NIKON D300    ---    28mm    f/7.1    1/250s    ISO 250

I also made this of his "golden" hands....
    _DSC6439-Edit.
    NIKON D300    ---    40mm    f/5.0    1/125s    ISO 250

2. Does he get paid to play WoW? Hehe.

Great images - very unique and I love the shadow play.

3. ...nevermind, just noticed the controller doesn't look like it would belong with WoW.

4. EssieK

EssieK Guest

That first one works very well! I like the imagery from that shot - and coupled with a nice tagline you've got the entire story there :) 

Not so sure about the 2nd one though - but for an article about a pro-gamer I guess you must include a shot of his "tools" :) 

5. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi nico-

the shadow is great, with the uptilted similar to the classic superman pose. but the look on his face doesn't match; to be honest, he looks dopey.

ricky

6. I like the first one and the idea of the dreaming-shadow , the second one might look better with more dof .

7. Flyfishdk

Flyfishdk

Nov 1, 2006
    Denmark
    Hi all

thanks for the nice feedback... I agree with the face expression... he is a gamer.. he plays 10 hr a day... very difficult to get him act natural... I agree about the second one.. more dof would have been better..

Stacey: he plays Fifa soccer..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.