Portrait of Cafe member Dao Dang

Here is a shot of fellow Cafe member Dao Dang, when we stopped for lunch in a small countryside diner.

Taken with my MF Ai 50mm f/1.4
Natural light @ f/2.0 (razorthin DOF from close up distance):

original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

More images of our outing in a few threads in the "Landscapes" forum...

Look how happy he looks!! Must be the new 'X'!! Gale and I were fortunate to enjoy a day shooting with him earlier this year. You are right---he is a gentleman!

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
would love to meet him personally, indeed he has been a real gentleman in all of my exchanges with him through this site. Great image!
Dave

The pleasure was also mine, meeting with such fine fellow Cafe member Frits. Thanks for a great day, Frits!

54435929.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Still struggle with the 'X' focus. The focus seemed to fall somewhere on the left shoulder even if I focus on the left eye and ear:confused:

Dao is a fine gentleman and I have enjoyed our interchange here at the Cafe. Thanks for giving us a look at his smiling face Frits. I will say I like his image of you better than yours of him. Again his talent shows through.

greyflash said:
Dao is a fine gentleman and I have enjoyed our interchange here at the Cafe. Thanks for giving us a look at his smiling face Frits. I will say I like his image of you better than yours of him. Again his talent shows through.
Quite agree Gordon:biggrin:
Mine was during lunch with my Ai 50mm, in his face! Absolutely not the lens for the situation, if you want a good portrait. But as an improvision it still makes me smile and somehow illustrates the good natured guy Dao is
. BTW, I got a better portrait of him on this thread: https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=59504

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Dao,
How wonderful to "SEE" you :>))))))))

And you to Frits :>)))

Dao is a great friend and fellow photographer. So wonderful to have been able to shoot with him as well.

Now Frits you have to come down to Fl so we can meet you to :>)))

Thank you both for all the wonderful images and day out with you.

Sharing is so great :>)))))

Latest threads

Top Bottom