Portrait of the danish master

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by Flyfishdk, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Flyfishdk

Flyfishdk

Nov 1, 2006
    Denmark
    Hi all

Yesterday my good friend and photographer Carlo Petersen presented his new book about the master in Danish photography, Viggo Rivad aged 86. (see some of his work here: http://www.photomondo.dk/Infophoto/User_viri/startnative.html ) His is maybe not known outsite Denmark/scandinavia but he is the only photographer there is on the state budget here and get a life long support from the Danish goverment for his big contribution to photography... and he has no education and have drived taxi all life.... He is also the only photographer there have got one of his pictures on a official Stamp from the Danish postal service.

In the book Carlo have followed Viggo for 3 years and made some really really strong portraits.

To the official presentation of the book Carlo had asked me to shoot some pictures to document the event.. I also had the change to shoot a couple of portraits of Viggo.

_DSC0610-Edit.jpg
    _DSC0642.jpg
    _DSC0622.jpg

Here are some pics from the presentation
    4. Carlo is the guy to the right
    _DSC0519.jpg
    _DSC8574-1.jpg
    _DSC0531.jpg
    _DSC0542.jpg
    _DSC0537.jpg
    _DSC0574.jpg
    _DSC0564.jpg
    _DSC0585.jpg
    _DSC0511.jpg

2. That is pretty cool that you got to shoot such an event. I really like 2, 6, and 10. Good job.