Portrait of the Moon from tonight

Hello all, I shot this image of the moon this evening using my Celestron NGT-CG5 Newtonian telescope (8-inch) with a 2x barlow to double the magnification at prime focus. Shot at 1/80th sec and ISO 200, MLU & MC-20 electeonic cable release. Processed in Nikon Capture and a tad in Photoshop.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Comments welcome

Todd

wowowowowo

Hello Mooooon.

Great Job Todd.

Thanks for sharing this great photo.

Cheers
Gale

Great shot Todd - someone posted a similar shot on DPreview using a Leica spotting scope that I thought was interesting - looks to be about the same cost as your telescope or thereabouts. I have always wanted to get into astrophotography - as soon as money permits of course. :roll:

realeyz said:
Great shot Todd - someone posted a similar shot on DPreview using a Leica spotting scope that I thought was interesting - looks to be about the same cost as your telescope or thereabouts. I have always wanted to get into astrophotography - as soon as money permits of course. :roll:
Hey thanks for the comments on my moon shot, it was fun to get out and shoot it again....

Todd

Thank You Todd for asking.

Doing pretty good. Need to get out and do some shooting tho. Been a month.

Zoo today maybe and Viera Wetlands tomorrow morning with a friend that want to go shoot.

Cheers
Gale

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom