Portrait of the Moon from tonight

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by Todd_D1x, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Todd_D1x

Todd_D1x

Feb 23, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Hello all, I shot this image of the moon this evening using my Celestron NGT-CG5 Newtonian telescope (8-inch) with a 2x barlow to double the magnification at prime focus. Shot at 1/80th sec and ISO 200, MLU & MC-20 electeonic cable release. Processed in Nikon Capture and a tad in Photoshop.

original.

Comments welcome

Todd

2. Todd_D1x

Todd_D1x

Feb 23, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Thanks for the Amazing comment. I have not taken photos of the moon lately and it was fun to do so.

Todd

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    wowowowowo

Hello Mooooon.

Great Job Todd.

Thanks for sharing this great photo.

Cheers
    Gale

4. Great shot Todd - someone posted a similar shot on DPreview using a Leica spotting scope that I thought was interesting - looks to be about the same cost as your telescope or thereabouts. I have always wanted to get into astrophotography - as soon as money permits of course. :roll:

5. No Gale, that's only supposed to happen on a full moon! :wink:
    Rich

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    lol Rich.

opppps.

Boy then I can really howllllllllllllllll.

Gale

7. Excellent exposure and detail. Very well done image.

8. Todd_D1x

Todd_D1x

Feb 23, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Hey thanks for the comments on my moon shot, it was fun to get out and shoot it again....

Todd

9. Todd_D1x

Todd_D1x

Feb 23, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Thanks Gale, how are things with you these days?

Todd

10. Todd_D1x

Todd_D1x

Feb 23, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Thanks Gordon for those comments. I see your new avtar.... what lens is that you are holding proudly?

Todd

11. That is my new 300mm f2.8. I got my wife to snap a picture of me since I didn't have any except in a suit and tie.

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thank You Todd for asking.

Doing pretty good. Need to get out and do some shooting tho. Been a month.

Zoo today maybe and Viera Wetlands tomorrow morning with a friend that want to go shoot.

Cheers
    Gale