1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Portrait(s) of Lenny

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by Harry Lavo, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Two closeups of my companion cat ... Lenny (Bernstein) Lavo. One neutral; one fierce.

This one was taken outdoors (the underchin green cast is from grass) using my 300 f/2.8 lens and a extender ring.

original.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This latter was taken in the doorway to my patio using the macro feature of the 24-85 f/2.8-4 lens I was evaluating.

original.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I've come to the conclusion that cats (at least this one) look more cuddly from a distance. :smile:

Thanks for looking.

2. I love the second one. Is the lens a keeper? I can definitely see the advantage of a macro zoom lens for just this kind of shot.

3. Harry I really like your second shot and I'm a dog person! This guy looks like he's tired of posing, though. Good stuff.

Keith
    North Carolina

4. Love the detail in both shots..
    But the composure on the second one is just great....
    Both lenses look very good...

5. Harry,
    Great Work, very nice!

6. Thanks. The lens was sent back because of a lens centering defect in regular mode at the long end....the macro seemed good, however. I really likee the configuration of the lens, and the color and contrast. Plus it operated smoothly like my 80-200.
    I'll have to tell Lenny, Keith. I know what you mean...he looks like he is ready to attack me. He may just decide to scare off a few dogs after hearing it. LOL!

Both took good pics in this case. The 300 with spacer is a handful to handhold and shoot with, but the lens quality is top notch. And the macro quality on the 24-85 was quite good in the center and very versatile (could shoot macro from 35 at 1:2.9 up to 85 at 1:2. Mad it easy to use and I got some good pics with it.

Glad you guys enjoyed the shots. Thanks for looking and for your comments.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.