Portraits from today!

My setup for the day was my D300 and a 70-200mm VR. All were natural light on a cloudy day (couldn't get my hands on a reflector). These are the only 5 I've edited so far. Subject is my brother's girlfriend. She was excited when I asked her to do some portrait shots for my website I'm in the process of making. She had never had any senior pictures done so she was stoked! :biggrin: Any comments are welcome, thanks!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

She's a beauty and you did very well.
The cloudy day paid off for you as well.

Not sure what it is, but something doesn't look right about her right cheek line in #1.

Good attention to detail as her necklace is always straight, even after clothing changes.

I know you and her were happy with the shoot...... great results!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Tim!

Yeah #1 was just a practice shot to check my WB and ended up being a shot I really like. So she wasn't prepared for that shot at all, but sometimes those are the best ones!

Overall great photography. She is a pretty lady with a killer smile. Lighting and processing is spot on, nice work.
Photo 1 - her facial expression does not make it.
Photo 5 - Her far side arm looks bent (she should have relaxed), but the photo is still very useable.
Keep shooting her, she's fantastic.

A couple more:

Beautiful photos with a calm soothing ( how is that spelled? ) feel to them,
she seems comfortable and relaxed wich may be your doing?

However, they seem a liitle bit dark in some areas, at least on my screen.
It´s not a lot were talking about, just about ~1/3 on her face and perhaps 1/2 in her hair.
This is of course very personal to your liking, but I feel you could use the fact that she´s got a fair skin and hair to get her to raise a bit from the background this way?

But anyway, they are just beautiful as they are.

Number one doesn't do much for me...but the others are just OUTSTANDING!!!! Great job.

VERY nice!
Great colours!!!
Love last two best. Somthing about her creases around her eyes ages her in others, just personal thing though (hate to over PP myself).

Thanks everyone!

I'm starting to agree with everyone else about #1, I liked it at first but now looking at it, I'm starting to change my mind.

Mart, the other girl on the left is my sister. I took some photos of her but not as many as Hollie. Also when I showed my sister her pictures, she didn't really like any of them. I figured I wouldn't edit most of them then cause I can shoot her pretty much whenever.

was the blurred backbround in #1 done in post processing or just with apeture?

i'd like to see what #7 looks like in B&W with high contrast. got a feeling those stones at the feet might pop out - i'm just curious.

i like the darkened corners in #6. it kinda frames her and forces you to look at her. not that anyone needs to be forced :)

#1 was just done with aperture which was at f/2.8.

I bumped the contrast up to 60 in this one.

Thanks again for the comments!

All the pictures are of a very pretty lady, however I prefer the ones where she is smiling. She has a very lovely smile that she should definitely show off.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom