1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Portraits in Rainy-Day-Grey

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by Harry Lavo, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Two shots done from my front and back doorway that accurately reflect the weather we have been having here in Western Mass, and my corresponding mood regarding it.

original.

original.

I have a secret, though. I did it as a self-imposed challenge.....not to leave the house, not to use a zoom, and while cropping was allowed, the original picture had to be usable with no extraneous details before the crop. So I ended up with my 85mm f/1.8 teamed with my Kenko Pro 300 1.4X Telextender. And a position in the doorways.

I'm pretty satisfied with the results. Just wanted to share.

2. 3whiteroses

3whiteroses

May 23, 2008
    Maryland
    Harry those clouds really look like they mean business - Nice capture!

3. Thanks, Angela

We had another bad storm today. The one yesterday knocked out power to thousands of people for the second day in a row. Eight out of the last ten days. Our lawns look like they normally do in May (nary a sign of brown) and the rivers are up to their banks, again like late May.

Bah, Humbug!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.