Portraits of my Daughter again

Discussion in 'People' started by rbsmith, Jun 21, 2005.

1. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    I decided to try and improve the portraits a little. Let me know if I'm on the right track.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[/img]

2. I prefer the red cast on one, although the other appears more technically accurate. Perhaps I would prefer the one without the color cast if the saturation was boosted slightly.
    On the second, the red is also more appealing, especially if you burned the highlights slightly. In PS to do this, duplicate layer and used the eyedropper to select the an average from the bright portion of the face and select the brush in darken mode and paint the brightness away. It will appear a little overdone when you finish so adjust the opacity slider to taste and flatten the image. Best of luck (lovely model by the way).

3. I like the first one a lot. In the last serie you have a problem with the shadows on the right side of the face, it look like she has a skin discoloration.

4. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Thanks, I'm going to start plugging away at the ps. These are the first that I fooled with.

My wife liked the red cast better also. I argued with her but did not change here mind. Its funny that one took the red cast away and the other added to it.