Portraits on the Beach

I recently moved to Raleigh so I miss the beach in Wilmington for shooting purposes. Was visiting yesterday and did a really quick natural light shoot. Here are the first few processed.

Here's the model's link, Rachel. http://www.modelmayhem.com/1226447

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I like these images separately too but I usually throw horizontals together because as thumbnails people notice vertical images more than horizontal ones. I think they work together as well though?
original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

First one is great, I feel like I'm at the beach right now. Also, it reminds me of the Chris Issac Video... with that supermodel... okay that was quite a throwback.

Anyway, the second one, I'm not so sure about the pose? Not the most flattering.

Cheers.

G

Gigantos

Superb! I really do like that first image. All three are stunning, but I am totally drawn to her eyes in number 1.

Rockingham, NC (Currently in Afghanistan)
Really nice. The first one doesn't really work for me, but I can't really put my finger on why not. I do like the second and third shots though, and I also agree they go well together like that. What part of Raleigh are did you move to? I have a bridal session coming up next month. It's a girl that lives in New Bern, but wants her bridals done in the rose garden across from NCSU.

Very nice Laura! I'm so used to shooing in portrait mode I've gotten out of shooting a lot of landscape/horizontal. These pics gave me some new composition idea's. I have been seeing more horizontal shot portraits and I like them.

Agree about the first one & Chris Isaac's " Wicked Games" video! Nice set! Love the 2nd one!

First one is great, I feel like I'm at the beach right now. Also, it reminds me of the Chris Issac Video... with that supermodel... okay that was quite a throwback.

Anyway, the second one, I'm not so sure about the pose? Not the most flattering.

Cheers.

Thanks! I don't think I've seen the video.........haha I'll youtube it :) Yeah when I first looked at the image on the bottom I wasn't sure about it but in the conversion I thought it was ok. Still not the best angle I guess.

Superb! I really do like that first image. All three are stunning, but I am totally drawn to her eyes in number 1.

Thanks!

Really nice. The first one doesn't really work for me, but I can't really put my finger on why not. I do like the second and third shots though, and I also agree they go well together like that. What part of Raleigh are did you move to? I have a bridal session coming up next month. It's a girl that lives in New Bern, but wants her bridals done in the rose garden across from NCSU.

I'm in North Raleigh.. just saw those rose gardens the other day! I have a catalog shoot coming up for bridesmaids dresses, we'll prob shoot there! :)

Very nice Laura! I'm so used to shooing in portrait mode I've gotten out of shooting a lot of landscape/horizontal. These pics gave me some new composition idea's. I have been seeing more horizontal shot portraits and I like them.

Thanks! I've always loved horizontal portraits. They work so nicely with the rule of thirds.....

Agree about the first one & Chris Isaac's " Wicked Games" video! Nice set! Love the 2nd one!

Thank you!

the winner is definately number one... good pose... great bw... +1 on Chris Issac's video

as for the set I think I would prefer to see them separately... the closeup is okay, however the wide one seems to small here (bit thumbnail like)

good job!

all three are nice, but the sand in the second pic is too "messed" up...tyre marks and around the boots.... but hey, thats just me.

The first one is super sexy. :smile: Love the expression, although the composition seems a bit off. I might try cropping out the left just a tad.

I really like #2 and #3.

Thank you!

Great shots Laura! i like all 3, but the first is just amazing!

Thanks! I don't normally shoot this type of image but I really like how it turned out. It's sexy .. but not trashy.

the winner is definately number one... good pose... great bw... +1 on Chris Issac's video

as for the set I think I would prefer to see them separately... the closeup is okay, however the wide one seems to small here (bit thumbnail like)

good job!

Haha, thanks. On the set I like the top image a lot better than the second image and think it stands well on its own. You can see it on my pbase page if you like!

all three are nice, but the sand in the second pic is too "messed" up...tyre marks and around the boots.... but hey, thats just me.

You know what! When I walked up to the location I said the same thing but I ended up liking it in the photo. *shrug* Will be a matter of opinion I'm sure!

The first one is super sexy. :smile: Love the expression, although the composition seems a bit off. I might try cropping out the left just a tad.

:) Will try that!

Laura: I like the first photo a lot. I'd expect to see it in a glamor magazine. Hope you like Raleigh; it's a growing city with a small town atmosphere and it has an artsy community. Dave

Latest threads

Top Bottom