Portraits

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by taat2d, Oct 4, 2008.

1. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    A friend asked me to take pictures of her son for his first BDay. I was more than happy to oblige. :biggrin: I went to her house and lugged all my gear. After a a bunch of test shots trying to get the lighting right this is what I came up with. Let me know what you like. CC WANTED to help me improve!!
    I know I need to work on getting the backdrop flat on the floor. Didn't realize it until agter I viewed the images.
    Thanx

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2008
  2. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    The flash was off camera bounced off the ceiling, but I used the pop up to trigger the flash. As for getting the subjuect further away from the backdrop I had VERY limited space as these were shot in her house.

Thanx for your input!!

3. bradNYC

bradNYC

Mar 28, 2008
    NYC
    you turning PRO already? very good start...I'm not liking the glare off the ball

4. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    I thank you for your help. It took you mentioning the front flash for me to remember that I did in fact use it!! LOL I actually forgot that that was how I triggered the off camera flash.

At first I was trying to use the Cactus triggers, but had NO luck with them. Can you tell me what the minimum distance would be for doing shots with a backdrop? If I'm correct you need at least 5 feed from subject to backdrop?

5. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    YEAH RIGHT!!! ROFLMAO!!!! A friend asked me to do this for her so I jumped on the oppurtunity.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.