Portree Christmas Eve afternoon

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by xrdbear, Dec 25, 2005.

1. The afternon light in Portree was really good after several weeks of gloom. This is my first attempt at a post here so here goes.

[​IMG]

Brian

Skye Gallery: http://www.pbase.com/xrdbear

2. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Welcome to the Cafe! This picture is beautiful. Looks like a nice place to live in. Keep posting more.

Merry Christmas,

3. Nice picture! Welcome to the cafe!

BTW:
    What a surprise!
    We once stayed some nights in the most right house just behind the tree!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Are you from Skye? I'm jealous, Beautiful country!

Then I might visit you sometime :biggrin:

4. Thanks for the kind words. Here is something I found floating in the harbour. The light was marvellous and there were flocks of eider ducks fishing around the boats but I only had the one lens with me so the ducks are a little miniscule and I'll leave them out.

[​IMG]

Brian

Skye Gallery: http://www.pbase.com/xrdbear

5. We must find a way. We certainly see a lot of tourists in the summer. We are on the west coast in a very quiet area but our land borders a footpath to the very scenic island of Oronsay and so we get to see quite a lot of them. Some even buy some eggs:biggrin:

Oh, and Merry Christmas. We have 20mins of it left but a lot more turkey.

Brian

6. Beautiful shots, Brain. And welcome to the Cafe.

7. Exquisite light, great vantage point and excellent execution!

Welcome to a very fine and friendly forum, and I hope to see more of this beautiful countryside!

Eric

8. Nice images Brian. Good detail and color saturation. Welcome with your first post.

9. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Hi Brian,welcome aboard! Very nice light,composition and colors.Looks like spectacular country.

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Just beautiful Brian,
    Yes welcome to the cafe.. Share more :>)))

11. Brain,

What a small world! We've spent some time in Portree as well. Is that bridge to the mainland still so expensive?

Rich

12. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Very Nicely Done ! Love the tonal and compostional aspects !

Regards

RFC

13. Hi Rich

You will be glad to know that the Scottish executive got off their backsides and made it free this year! We still get charged extra by certain companies for delivery of goods here under the pretext that we are an island :mad:

14. SPT

SPT Guest

Brian,

Nice shots. I'm up your way often - it's just a wonderful place for photography as you can see in the gallery section of my website. Get yourself out there !

Welcome to the cafe.