Critique Posing Snowy 2

Sorry for the flood of images, but just working these up.
I usually do not like bird on a stick images, but I think I changed my mind.
Passed this one over on the first go through. Wind picked up for a moment and blew some feathers around, bird turned out of the wind.
Bingo.
Thought a tighter crop would work here.
This is rolling off the printer as I type-
Last one tonight, I promise.
Thanks
gary

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Wow! Dramatic lighting, especially of the long, fine feathers! And dramatic sharpness of the head/eye, long feathers and feet. Really looks more like fine art as opposed to "just" a photograph.

Wow! Dramatic lighting, especially of the long, fine feathers! And dramatic sharpness of the head/eye, long feathers and feet. Really looks more like fine art as opposed to "just" a photograph.
Thanks again to everyone. I do try to capture these birds as a fine art portrait when I can. I wander around looking for what is essentially studio lighting on a stick. Often light streaming through the trees, with water acting like a reflector below the stick. Then wait, and hope something lands there. I have this image printed 20x20" on a metallic paper. It really looks good.
Thanks again for the support and thoughts/guidance. It helps me learn how others see.
Gary

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom