Possible to fit these into the Domke F-3X?

D200 w/ grip
17-55
70-200VR (does not have to be mounted on camera)
18-200VR or 10-20 wide angle
All lenses with hood reversed
SB800

Possible to fit all of these into the Domke F-3X?
I'm thinking 17-55 mounted on D200 with grip.
70-200 in one slot on the side and the other lens in the other slot.
Flash in one of the end pockets.

Or do I have to go one size up for the F-4AF?

Thanks!
Jimmy

G

Gr8Tr1x

I'm gonna say 'Nope'. See my post here:Link

The 70-200mm will be the deal breaker...everything else is fine. The large hood of the 17-55 is snug in the compartment, but it will go.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna say 'Nope'. See my post here:Link

The 70-200mm will be the deal breaker...everything else is fine. The large hood of the 17-55 is snug in the compartment, but it will go.
Thanks! The F3X is not deep enough for the 70-200 huh?
Looks like I'll have to go with the F4... thanks!

Thanks to Joshua's post I ordered the F-3x. I was looking for a small street walker bag and it came down to that vs the Crumpler 6 Million Dollar home.

Check out Uncle Franks photos of the 6 Mill bag here. They are on page 2 of that thread. I think that is the smallest bag that will fit everything you want for day bag.

I don't own anything larger than the 17-55mm lens which is why I went with the Domke.

G

Gr8Tr1x

Thanks to Joshua's post I ordered the F-3x. I was looking for a small street walker bag and it came down to that vs the Crumpler 6 Million Dollar home.

Check out Uncle Franks photos of the 6 Mill bag here. They are on page 2 of that thread. I think that is the smallest bag that will fit everything you want for day bag.

I don't own anything larger than the 17-55mm lens which is why I went with the Domke.

Glad to hear it. I used that bag again today...I'm considering selling off some of my backpacks and such now. I really find that this bag is eay to carry and easy to get in and out of easily (that's a lot of easy's).

Glad to hear it. I used that bag again today...I'm considering selling off some of my backpacks and such now. I really find that this bag is eay to carry and easy to get in and out of easily (that's a lot of easy's).
Which bag the Domke or the Crumpler?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom