Post all job losses in your state here...

I unfortunately was let go this morning after jsut shy of 10 years at the company.
after 10 record quarters they had a bad forecast and announced a work force reduction of 190 employees last wednesday... less than a week later I am updating my resume and networking with previous coworkers

such is life

I received a job offer Tuesday after nearly 10 months off
I have a lot to be thankful for this thanksgiving and I wish the best for everyone still having difficulty finding work

BAE systems in Greenlawn NY laid off just over 30 back in the summer then just under 100 3 months ago which included myself.

got a job a week later somewhere else and quit that about 2 weeks ago after getting a better job offer. went on 2 more interviews and turned away a few more requests for interview before making a decision. It seems like things are going well again as far as I can tell. my lay-off wasn't nearly as awful as they where made to sound to me. I got to meet a lot of new people, expand my network, learn a bunch of stuff going to interviews, and basically accelerated my career. most stressful things is finding a place to stay and getting a move under way which is the stage I'm at right now.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom