Post COVID travel

Once everything opens up again and we can travel safely, where do you want to go?

I have 3 trips in mind. The Rocky Mountaineer train trip from Calgary to Vancouver, a Great Lakes cruise on Victory (?) cruise lines or the driving trip from Smokey Mountains NP up the Blueridge. The train trip would be great because of the scenery and not having to deal with bags. The cruise would be good for the same reason. I would enjoy the driving trip just because I enjoy the driving. Downside is having to plan it and deal with bags.

Texas!

My wife strongly wants to see the bluebonnets in bloom this spring, as she has never seen that.

Next year we hope to get back to that Sicily trip we've been denied twice.

I would be thrilled to take the two trips (of three) that we had to cancel due to COVID. I already had the daily itinerary planned for our trip to Paris and the Loire Valley in the spring but didn't get that detailed yet for our trip of mostly hiking in Austria and Slovenia in the summer. If everything goes as planned, I'll simply book the four AirBnB units that we cancelled.

I would love to be able to freely travel. First several stops would be family, grandkids, etc.
Next would be more trips to see the grandkids.
We would love to go to NYC again, but it may never be the same.
Then back to see the grandkids.
Then I will think about vacations!!
gary

Texas!

My wife strongly wants to see the bluebonnets in bloom this spring, as she has never seen that.

Next year we hope to get back to that Sicily trip we've been denied twice.
The Chapel Hill area is great for that. Just be prepared for crowds and traffic. There is a back road going north towards Washington on the Brazos that is a nice drive. Then on to College Sation for Bush Presidential Library. Or you could go toRound Top (wide spot in the road) and then on to Austin.

I would be thrilled to take the two trips (of three) that we had to cancel due to COVID. I already had the daily itinerary planned for our trip to Paris and the Loire Valley in the spring but didn't get that detailed yet for our trip of mostly hiking in Austria and Slovenia in the summer. If everything goes as planned, I'll simply book the four AirBnB units that we cancelled.
I am too the point where I don’t want to plan anything until I know I can travel. I, like you have had to cancel two trips. It is too much work to plan and not take the trip. The blue ridge trip is all planned with hotels and stops identfied

I would love to be able to freely travel. First several stops would be family, grandkids, etc.
Next would be more trips to see the grandkids.
We would love to go to NYC again, but it may never be the same.
Then back to see the grandkids.
Then I will think about vacations!!
gary
If we were to do a family trip, it would be to Cape Cod and Maine. I have a cousin who lives on the Cape. His Ouse is next to a nature reserve. His sister lives in Maine. The have a cabin together in the backwoods that is on a smallish lake. It would be a good trip for birding and wildlife.

Real Name
Dan
We want to get back to Spain and back down under. We currently have tickets to Spain for April which clearly isn't going to happen. The airlines right now are waiving all change fees so we're looking at tickets to Oz for November realizing likelihood is low that we'll use them. Other than that hopefully we can still fly back home at end of March.

We want to get back to Spain and back down under. We currently have tickets to Spain for April which clearly isn't going to happen. The airlines right now are waiving all change fees so we're looking at tickets to Oz for November realizing likelihood is low that we'll use them. Other than that hopefully we can still fly back home at end of March.
Where is Spain were you going to go. Our Spain trip would be to Madrid and then to southern Spain to the Moorish area.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
I just received THIS:

Health Alert - Department of State - Bureau of Consular Affairs (January 15, 2021)

: Worldwide:The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Director has signed an order requiring all airline passengers traveling to the United States, including U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs), to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 viral test or recovery from COVID-19.

Event: Effective January 26, all airline passengers to the United States ages two years and older must provide either a negative COVID-19 viral test taken within three calendar days of travel or provide a positive test result and documentation from a licensed health care provider or public health official of having recovered from COVID-19 in the 90 days preceding travel. Passengers must also attest, under penalty of law, to having received a negative qualifying test result or to recovery from COVID-19 and medical clearance to travel.

Real Name
Ken
Where is Spain were you going to go. Our Spain trip would be to Madrid and then to southern Spain to the Moorish area.
This was our wedding anniversary trip in 2019. It was wonderful and I would go back in a heartbeat if/when we can. I hope your trip is as wonderful. Let me know if you have any questions.

--Ken

Real Name
Dan
We've been to Madrid, Andalucia, Catalonia, and the Basque country(both sides of the frontier). So this trip we were thinking about Galicia and possibly visit Portugal also. We typically go for three weeks planned around a 7 to 10 day cycling tour.

We had to cancel 3 trips last year.
Our usual trips to Spain, Ireland, France and California are likely not going to happen this year either.
We will wait until we know it is safe to travel and come back home (London) without quarantine which apparently the UK is about to announce in the next few days.
We will also wait to have been vaccinated first.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Northern Italy.
Around Bologna - the wonderful Emilia Romana - that's on my mind.
And Cebu City in the Philippines. It's been a long time to visit my wife's family.

Klaus

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom