1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Post-Process - Just a little pop

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by MikeMcA², Sep 18, 2008.

1. Been goofing around in CS3, with some simple tricks to better isolate the riders and did some simple layers with background B&W conversion. Would appreciate your thoughts.

[​IMG]

375129984_DkhLT-L.

375129618_TFgxa-L.

375129573_ctNcd-L.

2. Alan

Alan

May 9, 2008
    Georgia
    Good job, Mike. I've played with selective color as well and enjoy the look.

3. hmmm, 3 & 4 look a little washed out, but 2 just pops off the page! 1 is good too...

4. Thanks Alan

Thanks Chris. Yeah, the challenge of drag strips and working with the light available. The direction the tracks are laid out, the light is almost always a harsh backlight. I'll work on the exposure of the background in post-process more.

5. I really like the look Mike. Esp. the second one...SUPER!

mike

6. Thanks Mike. Hope they sell this weekend. :biggrin:

7. DJVCuda

DJVCuda

Jun 13, 2008
    Atco, NJ
    Atco's the worst for pix... I like #1 - The effect is olf for weddings, but it still works on drag strips!

8. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Nice work............I like #2.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.