post your bags

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by greesha, Sep 1, 2008.

1. greesha

greesha

Aug 29, 2008
    Northbrook, IL
    Ok everyone, post the bag/s that you use, and what fits in them.
    Pictures are always useful. :smile:

2. Well I sometimes think I have too many camera bags but here it goes...

Kata R-102: This one holds basically every lens I own. It also holds all the little things I like to carry too, extra filters, batteries, Leatherman, and a few other things. The only thing I can not put in there is my 2nd body (F5)

Kata T-214: It hold my D200 w/Sigma 24-70, Nikkor 70-300VR and the Tamron 90 macro, or Nikkor 135 2.8Ai. It also will hold a few filters, blower, and extra battery.

Lowepro Stealth Reporter D200AW: The configuration I have for it is both bodies, D200 will have Sigma 24-70 attached. The 3 lenses I carry are Nikon70-300VR, Sigma 10-20 and Nikon 50 1.8. Again the usual items such as blower, batteries and remote fits, sometimes I will fit the flash in here and not put the 70-300 in.

Lowepro Rover II AW: This was my old backpack, I did not use it much, probably selling it. In the bottom I would load D200 with Sigma 24-70 attached, 70-300VR, Sigma 10-20, Nikon 50 1.8, Nikon 85 2 Ai-S, Tamron 90 macro, and the flash. The top I would put stuff like first aid kit, rain jacket and other day trip stuff.

3. Billingham hadley pro - for rangefinders
    Nikon sling bag - gift from Nikon, for light weight sets.
    Kata T-214 sling bag - D3 + the Beast and one other lens.
    National Geographic backpack - body + a few lenses + other things (wind breaker, food, drink, books etc)
    Lowepro Orion AW - body + a few lenses + other things
    Kata R-102 - Body + telephoto set - up to 400mm or 500mm.
    Kata HB-207 - heavy duty telephoto set, usually with Insertrolley
    Nikon Millet backpack - body + a lot of lenses + other stuff
    Kinesis L526 - for 600 mm or 800 mm with body attached.

Some more bags in my store room that I seldom use now.

4. Lowepro Nova 3: D80 w/18-200VR, 17-35AFS, 50 1.4, Sigma 10-20, SB800.

5. Lowepro Mini-trekker
    laptop, chargers, panning ground pod, other photo necessities
    LowePro Omni-Trekker
    2 bodies with 5 lenses plus other necessities, as cf cards, batteries, etc
    LowePro Omni-Pro
    body mounted on either 300f4 or 70-200(sold today, will look to put an 80-400 in her place), plus lots of filters
    Kata Light bag 500mm mounted on body
    Lowepro Magnum AW just sitting waiting & waiting & waiting (unused)
    Lowepro Lens Trekker 600 AW not used much either...

just bought a LowePro Omni-Sport, today, Tuesday Sept 9, for small lenses in the boat!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2008
  6. Pelican 1510 case to store/transport most of my gear.
    Lowepro Flipside 300 for trips: D3, 70-200, 14-24, 24-70 and SB800
    ThinkTank Digital Holster 40: D3 + a lens (up to 70-200)
    Nikon did provide a nice case with the 300 f2.8 VR that can accomodate the D3 body attached.

7. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I'm looking for a new backpack...the zipper on my lowepro mini-trekker is wearing out. How do you like the lowepro flipside 300? Would it be too large for a 5'4" woman?

8. My wife loves her loves her Fastpack 250. She is 5'4"

9. Domke F2 - two bodies and 2-4 lenses, flash (but not the 70-200 or 300 2.8)
    Domke F4 - one body and any two lenses, flash (to include the 70-200)
    Domke F7 Double AF - both bodies, flash, any three or four lenses (to include the 70-200)
    Thinktank Airport International - everything I own, barely

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2008
  10. 1. Lowepro Flipside 300 - everyday bag
    2. Lowepro Slingshot 300 - when I want to carry a even more stuff than I can with the Flipside
    3. Think Tank Urban Disguise 50 - will probably carry as much as the Flipside but will also carry a notebook computer
    4. Think Tank Urban Disguise 30 - light kit bag
    5. Think Tank Bazooka - tripod bag that I use when I need to get on a plane with my tripod
    6-10 various bags that I haven't used in ages

I love threads like this. Makes me feel I haven't gone off the deep end with my gear. Or if I have gone off the deep end, it's comforting to see many familiar faces here. :smile:

11. StephanieHelen

StephanieHelen

Jun 9, 2006
    My main bag is the Kata 103, I love it, gear is safe in there :)
    Holds D3 with 70-200, D2x body on side, 24-70, SB_800, 50/1.4, 16mm fisheye, PW, SC-29 cord, rocket blower, pixel pocket rocket with CF cards, cell phone, credit cards and id, car keys and lipstick :) Could also fit a laptop, no place for power cord though unless you omit a lens,
    14-24 could fit if I exclude the D2x and SB-800, it is a big lens.

Think Tank Bazooka for Gitzo 1228, big bogen for Gitzo 1325 with wimberley.

Also use the Think Tank Airport Security and Rotation 360. I used the lower part of the rotation 360 at a wedding, could hold the 70-200, fisheye and 50mm etc so if you use one body (D2X in dim lighting was not good), could wear this as a waistpack and have all your required gear with you. 14-24 had to be left at home, I managed with the 10.5 as a wide lens on the D3. I have heard of some folks having their gear stolen, so this is my solution.

Think Tank HB-207 for 400mm; Speed Racer for concerts; Lens Trekker 600 AW has not been used for some time; waterproof 200 can't find name right now; small naneupro that has not been used, a few more. Yes, I do need to get rid of some, good thread :).

12. Nikon 5877 Camera & Laptop Backpack

Top Quick-Access Compartment - D80 w/ Tamron 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 XR LD DiII (or Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 EX DG),
    Bose QC2 Headphones (on top, only when flying)

Bottom Lens Compartment - Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 EX DG, Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 EX D HSM, Sigma EF-500 DG Super Flash, MH-18a Charger,
    Philips 7" Portable DVD Player with iPod Dock (on top, only when flying)

Back Laptop Pocket - Dell Latitude D630 14" Laptop

Left Side Pocket - Laptop Battery Charger, iPod Vidoe 30gb, Philips squishy ear-buds

Right Side Pocket - Camera Battery Charger Cable, USB Cables, Lens Pen, Microfiber Cloth, SD Cards

13. mematsu

mematsu

May 2, 2007
    los angeles
    Right now its just the Speedfreak by Thinktank with a Lowepro Nova 5 for storage at home.

14. lovemy8514

lovemy8514 Guest

Main bag is the Lowepro Magnum AW with a couple separate lens case and sliplock for filters. (Holds the D300 with 70-200mm mounted and all my other gear)

For hiking, the Lowepro Toploader 75 AW (Holds the D300 + 70-200mm)

My smaller bag is the Billingham Hadley Pro for more covert ops.

15. oddstray

oddstray

Jul 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Sorry ... no pics since it's in flux.

I have tried a few photography bags. But my current "bag" (that is still in the process of being accepted since I have too much *stuff*) is a fisherman's vest with lotsa' pockets. My camera itself, and any lenses, wouldn't fit into it. But I have not yet found any bag that's easier to find small things in than the fisherman's vest. Small things includes stuff like the remote cable, the polaroid filter, the spare battery, the extension tube(s), the additional camera memory cards ...

16. Amarok

Amarok

Aug 25, 2008
    Prairie City OR
    Well I only have one actual camera bag and that is a Slingshot 200. Other then that I have an old German military "alpine" pack that I made an insert for to carry some gear with me. I also have been known to use an old British MKVII gas mask bag to carry my D40.

17. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Terri,
    If the zipper is wearing out, contact Lowepro... let them know. More than likely they will fix the zipper or replace the bag. They stand behind their product really well.

18. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thanks. I'll give it a try.

19. mematsu

mematsu

May 2, 2007
    los angeles

Lowepro replaced two Slingshots for me. The zipper wore out twice right at the bottom curve. Excellent customer service.

20. I have several bags at home which I use:

- Lowepro Rover AW-II
    - Lowepro Nature Trekker AW-II
    - National Geographic 2475

I also have some other bags lying around that I'm not using anymore and need to put up for sale.

A picture of the Nature Trekker packed for my trip to Uganda:

[​IMG]

And here with all the stuff outside of the bag:

[​IMG]

This includes:
    - D70 and D200 (not in the picture)
    - 80-400VR, Sigma 70-300, Sigma 18-50/2.8 (not in the picture)
    - Lens hoods
    - SB800
    - Nextodi PSD
    - Chargers, batteries
    - CF cards and holders
    - Filters
    - Cleaning stuff
    - Remote trigger
    - Small ballhead
    - Bag for waterbottle