1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Post your best image while 'not really shooting'

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bozola, Jul 20, 2008.

1. bozola

bozola

Feb 28, 2006
    Seattle WA
    I admire the quantity and quality of the amazing shots that are shown here on the cafe. Most of the shots are impressive and some do not require a ton of equipment. Setup, technique and artistic ability is amazing. But I am looking for shots that you took while not seriously shooting.

So some 'screw off' shots that just amazed you.

Rules. No setup, no tripod, no technique.. just lucky. :smile:

Here is mine.

[​IMG]

2. I HAVE to know - what kind of cake is that? Please tell me. Pleasepleaseplease.

3. Don't let Greg (Spalding12) see that--he'd gain a couple of pounds just looking at it!!

Here is one of mine, taken while on waterfront tour a few years ago, when I was in town as part of a regional conference. put down my wine glass long enough to catch this sight that should be very familiar to you!!

[​IMG]

4. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    Recently I went on a 2 week roadtrip with my sister and our best friends since childhood who are also sisters. I brought my camera with me and I tested myself everyday to just shoot out the window and se what happens..what I would get. The trip was not about photography...but a break from it.

This is my favorite shot taken out of the window.
    Shot on the road heading away from Cedars Island NC Outside temp was 112F!
    314506052_pUVBD-L.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

5. DSC_3056.jpg

While walking back to our car from a game at "Jacobs Field"- pains me to type - Progressive. I digress, I had my d-80 and 50 1.8 in hand and looked over my shoulder at the ball park, turned and shot and kept walking. Got home to view this.
    Shooting from the hip?

6. ubetcha

ubetcha

Nov 12, 2006
    San Diego, Ca
    I'll play! On my way home recently...

I made a routine check of the left rearview mirror and spotted a Cobra coming up fast. My D2Xs was riding shotgun, so I snatched it up and caught this image but I didn't know for sure if the Cobra was even in the frame until I got home and downloaded the pics. (BTW I have already posted this image elsewhere here on NC)

94996188.gif

7. We just arrived up in Maine on Friday night. Were out to dinner with the family on Saturday and my astute 3yr old tells the waitress: "now that we're in Maine, I would like to see the lobsters!" (Not that she doesn't see them every week at the groccery store at home). We all got a chuckle out of this.

Next thing I know, another waitress shows up with this guy, and sets him right down on the table for Emilie to see/touch/play with! I had the 85/1.4 on the camera and just whipped the camera outta my bag on the floor and shot this. Never thought I'd be shooting sea rat portraits! :smile:

100457909.gif

8. While on a photoshoot in FL with my g/f I just pointed the camera from my hip (as well lol) and clicked to check something on it... and got this:

l_a687508081d858a2cae3762a512b1a16.png

9. bozola

bozola

Feb 28, 2006
    Seattle WA
    Great shots... The stories are even funnier.

10. bozola

bozola

Feb 28, 2006
    Seattle WA
    But we can't see it

11. It's prob. linked to a Smug Mug gallery :-\ I had to link mine from my g/f's MySpace (crappy quality and smaller image size as you can see).... they need to fix this.. I am starting to get upset.

12. bozola

bozola

Feb 28, 2006
    Seattle WA
    I don't know! but you can get some from the Village Bar and Grill in Sunriver Oregon.. It was so tasty my daughter is stealing it.

13. I can see it (a shirtless fat guy riding a bike.............eeeek!)

14. sylwesterski

sylwesterski

Jul 25, 2006
    Seattle,WA
    This is totally wrong, pics looks awful, the piece of cheesecake on the plate is just to small :biggrin:

Good stuff Fred.

15. Shot this one thru my windscreen, 3 years ago, while coming back home after work !

D70 + Tamron 28-75 @ 62.00 mm. - 1/60 @ f/7.1 - ISO 100

HOW TO GET RID OF CORPSES !
    original.jpg

Cheers,
    J-P.

16. pforsell

pforsell

Jan 15, 2008
    I love this one :biggrin:

17. I was driving home along this country road, when I saw this great hazy cloud condition on the horizon.
    Only lasted a minute or two, but long enough to stop on the side of the road and get a shot.

original.jpg

18. bozola

bozola

Feb 28, 2006
    Seattle WA
    Any more?

19. Wasting a great opportunity to make a few bucks!

20. jjdesanto1

jjdesanto1

May 1, 2005
    Warwick, N.Y.
    John DeSanto
    After my daugher's cross country meet I was walking back to the car when I saw the boys race starting:

104660705.gif

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.