Post your best image while 'not really shooting'

I admire the quantity and quality of the amazing shots that are shown here on the cafe. Most of the shots are impressive and some do not require a ton of equipment. Setup, technique and artistic ability is amazing. But I am looking for shots that you took while not seriously shooting.

So some 'screw off' shots that just amazed you.

Rules. No setup, no tripod, no technique.. just lucky. :smile:

Here is mine.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I admire the quantity and quality of the amazing shots that are shown here on the cafe. Most of the shots are impressive and some do not require a ton of equipment. Setup, technique and artistic ability is amazing. But I am looking for shots that you took while not seriously shooting.

Here is mine.

I HAVE to know - what kind of cake is that? Please tell me. Pleasepleaseplease.

Don't let Greg (Spalding12) see that--he'd gain a couple of pounds just looking at it!!

Here is one of mine, taken while on waterfront tour a few years ago, when I was in town as part of a regional conference. put down my wine glass long enough to catch this sight that should be very familiar to you!!

Recently I went on a 2 week roadtrip with my sister and our best friends since childhood who are also sisters. I brought my camera with me and I tested myself everyday to just shoot out the window and se what happens..what I would get. The trip was not about photography...but a break from it.

This is my favorite shot taken out of the window.
Shot on the road heading away from Cedars Island NC Outside temp was 112F!

While walking back to our car from a game at "Jacobs Field"- pains me to type - Progressive. I digress, I had my d-80 and 50 1.8 in hand and looked over my shoulder at the ball park, turned and shot and kept walking. Got home to view this.
Shooting from the hip?

I'll play! On my way home recently...

I made a routine check of the left rearview mirror and spotted a Cobra coming up fast. My D2Xs was riding shotgun, so I snatched it up and caught this image but I didn't know for sure if the Cobra was even in the frame until I got home and downloaded the pics. (BTW I have already posted this image elsewhere here on NC)

We just arrived up in Maine on Friday night. Were out to dinner with the family on Saturday and my astute 3yr old tells the waitress: "now that we're in Maine, I would like to see the lobsters!" (Not that she doesn't see them every week at the groccery store at home). We all got a chuckle out of this.

Next thing I know, another waitress shows up with this guy, and sets him right down on the table for Emilie to see/touch/play with! I had the 85/1.4 on the camera and just whipped the camera outta my bag on the floor and shot this. Never thought I'd be shooting sea rat portraits! :smile:

While on a photoshoot in FL with my g/f I just pointed the camera from my hip (as well lol) and clicked to check something on it... and got this:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
But we can't see it

Recently I went on a 2 week roadtrip with my sister and our best friends since childhood who are also sisters. I brought my camera with me and I tested myself everyday to just shoot out the window and se what happens..what I would get. The trip was not about photography...but a break from it.

This is my favorite shot taken out of the window.
Shot on the road heading away from Cedars Island NC Outside temp was 112F!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't know! but you can get some from the Village Bar and Grill in Sunriver Oregon.. It was so tasty my daughter is stealing it.

I HAVE to know - what kind of cake is that? Please tell me. Pleasepleaseplease.

Here is mine.

This is totally wrong, pics looks awful, the piece of cheesecake on the plate is just to small :biggrin:

Good stuff Fred.

JPS

Shot this one thru my windscreen, 3 years ago, while coming back home after work !

D70 + Tamron 28-75 @ 62.00 mm. - 1/60 @ f/7.1 - ISO 100

HOW TO GET RID OF CORPSES !

Cheers,
J-P.

Cheers,
J-P.
I love this one :biggrin:

I was driving home along this country road, when I saw this great hazy cloud condition on the horizon.
Only lasted a minute or two, but long enough to stop on the side of the road and get a shot.

Shot this one thru my windscreen, 3 years ago, while coming back home after work !

D70 + Tamron 28-75 @ 62.00 mm. - 1/60 @ f/7.1 - ISO 100

Cheers,
J-P.
Wasting a great opportunity to make a few bucks!

Real Name
John DeSanto
After my daugher's cross country meet I was walking back to the car when I saw the boys race starting:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom