Post your BLAH shots

Blah is defined "used to refer to something which is boring or without meaningful content."

How many of us take an image thinking it is something unusual only to find that , though unusual, it is still blah? For me, I might be shooting animalsa or landscape and see something different. I think it might be a good image. When I get to the computer I get a "what was I thinking of" or "I hoped it would be more interesting" feeling. Usually I just delete the image but today I thought perhaps others would like to post their blah shots too.

Just mention what you were trying to do.

On this one I was in my kayak with 2 cameras. I had my long lens on one hoping to see loons. The other had a shorter lens I used to take a few images of the trees surrounding the pond as they were starting to turn color. I saw a few nice reflections but then looked for an area where if I shot only the reflection, without realistic context, I might come up with something interesting.

The result was a blah. There is color but no sense of unity or point of interest.

_OAA0913.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

POST YOUR BLAHS!

If you crop just below the two dark spots at the top and use a 16:9 ratio, it would be very appealing to me with a strong point of interest.

This style of photography isn't popular on this site, so it won't get much attention. I would wager that people on this site walking through an art museum would walk past art made in this style and move onto the more realistic, documentary styles.

If you crop just below the two dark spots at the top and use a 16:9 ratio, it would be very appealing to me with a strong point of interest.

This style of photography isn't popular on this site, so it won't get much attention. I would wager that people on this site walking through an art museum would walk past art made in this style and move onto the more realistic, documentary styles.
I will do the crop you say and post. Maybe this image is not as bad as I think but I am one of those who would probably walk by such art. ;)

I was hoping others who post their images her. I guess I am not much of an influencer.

Here are two crops. I did 16 by 9 on both, one from the top left of the original and one from the top right.

_OAA0913-2.jpg

_OAA0913-1.jpg

Occasionally I have done this kind of shot when I have seen interesting reflections in the water on the small lake where I live......haven't done any recently, though, and usually when I shoot something and I decide that it is blah and boring to me I know it will be considered blah and boring to any viewers, too, so out it goes, never to be seen at all by anyone other than me.

Actually, I like this kind of colorful abstract! Not "blah" at all to me....

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
When I shoot something "blah".....and occasionally I do!......it finds way to the trash bin rather quickly. Thus, like most others, I have nothing to show. Almost like it never happened! :D

@Allan -- I thought of you and this thread several times this week while I was hiking and could have attempted to make photos similar to your images in this thread. Sadly, I didn't have enough time to try really capturing them properly, so I passed. That was probably a mistake.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom