Post your P7700 Shots

14206690842_caf57a544e_c.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Spring Ball-93 by grandledgebaseballu11, on Flickr
While by no means is the P7700 a BG eraser, the image quality can be quite good.
Camera to subject, subject to BG distance being fairly equal in this example, with the variable aperature zoom camera set to the widest possible at this zoom range.
With the shutter response somewhat slow compared to a DSLR, one must press the shutter release to expose a little sooner than you would normally.

This is a great topic. I have had a P7100 for a while but I half drowned it the other day - out fishing with the dogs and they knocked my bag off the bank and it rolled down intot he river! I took the battery and card out straightaway and rinsed it under the tap gently when I got home...left it open a week and it works again. BUT the flash won't charge now. I might even get it repaired if I can, but in the meantime I have got a P7800. WOW what a difference. The one gripe I have is the lack of wide angle support.

On my P7100 I have the dedicated wide angle lens and mount, it was fantastic really - I am trying to work out a way I can mount the same wide angle converter onto the P7800 - I have used it just holding the mounting tube in place over the fixed lens - it works but is not convenient for remote shots. I have thought about getting a spare lens protector ring and gluing it to the bottom of the tele mount tube, unless I can find an alternative way of mounting the E75A that I have (yes E75A, NOT the E75). I have invested in the 58mm lens shade available from JJC (cheap and cheerful I know, but it looks identical to the Nikon one, so is probably a straight rip-off) as I already have a Heliopan circ pol in 58mm! That sorts that one out and I can use the 77mm circ pols from the D3 outfit on the wide angle converter. That makes a very portable outfit for doing my backwater features for fishing magazines. I know it won't be as quick as the D3, not have the image quality with the f2.8 lenses, but I bet if I say nothing the editors won't even know!

Here is the very first picture I took with it as I was finding my way around the slightly changed layout. It is my eldest son, George, and the background is just the open door into the lounge with the light coming through the French windows over my left shoulder. Processed from the NRW in NX2, I am a simple soul so nothing much done to it other than a straight B&W conversion and a tweek with the brightness and contrast sliders. It is one of the best pictures we have of him - his eyes are open! He hates having his picture taken and usually squints, or you can see his disdain at having to pose in his eyes. With this I managed to trick him into thinking I was only just finding out how the camera worked and said something that made me look stupid. It worked, he grinned. I am really looking forward to getting to grips with the tool - and anyone have any ideas on getting that wide angle to work, I would love to know how (ithout having to buy another one) It has a 51mm thread, so the mounting tube I have is a must.

GeorgeEverett02_zpsbb3d41ac.gif

Shots with my new (refurbished) Nikon Coolpix P7700 pretty much straight out of the camera. Just got it today. Bounce flash with an SB-600

15576760557_536b973b17_c.png
p7700.jpg-2 by broy1954, on Flickr

View attachment 1336534 p7700.jpg by broy1954, on Flickr

Sweet little dog. You captured it nicely.

This is a great topic. I have had a P7100 for a while but I half drowned it the other day - out fishing with the dogs and they knocked my bag off the bank and it rolled down intot he river! I took the battery and card out straightaway and rinsed it under the tap gently when I got home...left it open a week and it works again. BUT the flash won't charge now. I might even get it repaired if I can, but in the meantime I have got a P7800. WOW what a difference. The one gripe I have is the lack of wide angle support.

On my P7100 I have the dedicated wide angle lens and mount, it was fantastic really - I am trying to work out a way I can mount the same wide angle converter onto the P7800 - I have used it just holding the mounting tube in place over the fixed lens - it works but is not convenient for remote shots. I have thought about getting a spare lens protector ring and gluing it to the bottom of the tele mount tube, unless I can find an alternative way of mounting the E75A that I have (yes E75A, NOT the E75). I have invested in the 58mm lens shade available from JJC (cheap and cheerful I know, but it looks identical to the Nikon one, so is probably a straight rip-off) as I already have a Heliopan circ pol in 58mm! That sorts that one out and I can use the 77mm circ pols from the D3 outfit on the wide angle converter. That makes a very portable outfit for doing my backwater features for fishing magazines. I know it won't be as quick as the D3, not have the image quality with the f2.8 lenses, but I bet if I say nothing the editors won't even know!

Here is the very first picture I took with it as I was finding my way around the slightly changed layout. It is my eldest son, George, and the background is just the open door into the lounge with the light coming through the French windows over my left shoulder. Processed from the NRW in NX2, I am a simple soul so nothing much done to it other than a straight B&W conversion and a tweek with the brightness and contrast sliders. It is one of the best pictures we have of him - his eyes are open! He hates having his picture taken and usually squints, or you can see his disdain at having to pose in his eyes. With this I managed to trick him into thinking I was only just finding out how the camera worked and said something that made me look stupid. It worked, he grinned. I am really looking forward to getting to grips with the tool - and anyone have any ideas on getting that wide angle to work, I would love to know how (ithout having to buy another one) It has a 51mm thread, so the mounting tube I have is a must.

GeorgeEverett02_zpsbb3d41ac.gif

Very nice!

These are some more pictures I shot with my refurbishedNikon P7700. Camera looks like it has never been used. Oh by the way, the Ominus quadcopter is a blast to fly. Excellent bargain for $80 and extremely durable. Let me know what you think of the pictures. There is also a firmware upgrade available, 1.3. The refurbished cameras come with 1.1. All of the pictures are straight out of the camera.

15239622684_9e4b502fd4_c.jpg
DSCN0196 by broy1954, on Flickr DSCN0188 by broy1954, on Flickr

15676150847_89f1662f57_c.jpg
DSCN0180 by broy1954, on Flickr

15861928775_8bb890bbf6_c.jpg
DSCN0173 by broy1954, on Flickr

.flickr.com/photos/30258173@N08/16293066251/]
16293066251_7ee3dac439_c.jpg
[/url]
Stand Up Paddle Board by gwh1bass2000, on

Can anyone tell me if this camera has a macro mode and if its been replaced. what model would you consider the new version? Looking for something for my uncle.

Thanks.

I purchased a refurbished Nikon Coolpix P7700 from Adorama.com without any regrets. I wanted a big pocket camera that had most of the controls of a DSLR. Images are great. I would consider looking at the refurbished Coolpix P7800 for a great price and you could add the extended warranty for just a few dollars more. Here is the link: http://www.adorama.com/INKCPP7800R.html

Latest threads

Top Bottom