Post your toads!

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by jcdoss, Jun 19, 2007.

1. jcdoss

jcdoss

Feb 20, 2007
    Kansas City
    I'll start!

[​IMG]

2. Okay, I'll play. Taken years ago with a point and shoot. original.

3. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    I have a cute but dirty one too.

original.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nice froggiesssssssss
    :>)))

I don't have a good one..:<((((

5. jcdoss

jcdoss

Feb 20, 2007
    Kansas City
    Miriam - That's one fine toadly specimen you have there! Any idea what kind of toad he is?

tojor - Almost every toad I've seen is both cute and dirty! Nice macro there! I wish I could have gotten a little closer to mine.

Gale - They're not froggies... they're TOADS! :)

6. Ok here is one I call "Toadily awesome"

[​IMG]

7. Oh boy oh boy!!! The Fuschia Frog-toad rides again!!! :biggrin: I do love him so!! :biggrin:

8. Then there is this slightly more sophisticated version

[​IMG]

9. Here is mine. :smile: He's the common "house toad," as brought inside by Fathers for their 2yr old children to play with. :wink: Emilie was SOOO excited about him. "Froggie, hop hop!" :tongue:

10. Not the slightest idea. If anybody reading this has any idea, I'd be interested.

We live in the High Desert, Mojave Desert, Southern California.

11. Here one form me, lives in My Gameboy DS....................I might have missunderstood something...................:Crunk:

12. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    That's a fine specimen you've got there Gretchen. I hope the kids let him out again. In Denmark Toads are on the redlist as endangered species so it's illegal to kill toads. Well who would want to do that anyway?

13. Oh yes, we took Mr. Hop hop back outside and left him in the garden. :smile: Toads are extremely common around here, and we like to show Emilie all of the creatures that live in her world. :smile:

14. jcdoss

jcdoss

Feb 20, 2007
    Kansas City
    OHCorgis - That toad is spectacular! The bullfrog is just ho-hum. (Just kidding!)

Dave - I remember seeing the flourescent toad once before. An awesome photo it is and am happy to see it again!

Michael - I think you understood just fine! Toads of any kind are good... even video game toads.

My original photo is one of at least a half-dozen resident toads living on my back porch. I had an old green tarp that ended up back there that held a little water and became a toad magnet. Any time I look, there's at least 4 toads in there somewhere. They love it when we bring them waxworms from the baitshop. ;)

15. A tiny toad from last summer. This is a natterjack toadlet ready to leave a little pool in sand dunes. It's an endangered species here in the UK. D70 and 60 mm Micro Nikkor.

RedRocks002_140Natterjack2.

Alan

16. Good shot! Looks like this little guy has just emerged. Has a very nice face.

17. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    I guess I'm going to have to go search west central Florida for some toads this weekend, so I can join the fun. I'm on a toad mission.

Nice shots all!

18. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Yes, he (she) looks cute. I discovered him in the garden as the dogs were surrounding him and very interested in watching this little guy so I grabbed my camera, put on a flash and shot him with one hand trying to keep the dogs away with the other. I then took him and placed him outside the garden. The next day he was back so I let him be. The dogs never bothered him. They know that he would tast bad and that they would get sick if they tryed to put him in their mouth.