Postcards from Quebec City

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by Elf_8, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Feel free if you have some interesting frames on that picturesque city. Or anyone to show us from St. Augustine Fla ?
    This shot taken this morning - don't tell the boss.

[​IMG]

Nikon D70
    2005/04/08 09:51:40.2
    Compressed RAW (12-bit)
    Image Size: Large (3008 x 2000)
    Lens: 18-70mm F/3.5-4.5 G
    Focal Length: 50mm
    Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
    Metering Mode: Multi-Pattern
    1/60 sec - F/16
    Exposure Comp.: -0.3 EV
    Sensitivity: ISO 200
    Optimize Image: Custom
    White Balance: Auto
    AF Mode: Manual
    Flash Sync Mode: Not Attached
    Auto Flash Comp: 0 EV
    Color Mode: Mode II (Adobe RGB)
    Tone Comp.: User-Defined Custom Curve
    Hue Adjustment: 0°
    Saturation: Enhanced
    Sharpening: Normal
    Image Comment:
    Long Exposure NR: Off

2. There's that snow again! Sheesh, hurry up and get to spring please....we're going there in mid-May. I guess long sleeve shirts are called for.

Rich

3. Wow, what a place that is. Very impressive. By the way the building leans to the right side of the frame so you might want to straighten that.

4. Oh, now that you mention it - I've changed the post and hopefully corrected the level. Thanks for commenting.

5. Sure enough, and bring a windbreaker too. We had a mixture of rain and snow for a day, right after the temperature had reached 14-15 C, or some 55-58F. The sun was melting it when I took the shot. It was all out by the end of the day. Spring is here, finally.

6. Ahhhh, now that pic brings back very fond memories of Quebec City, my fav north american city (Paris takes first place). The Chateau is always fun to shoot, especially from the lower towne level. This is a very good frame of it! Thanks for sharing this. Cheers, Sandi

7. I share your appreciation of both cities. Do you have any from Paris you would like to show us here (or are allready posted) ?

8. Not from my digital days, Christian. Guess that means I'll just have to plan a trip there again with my new gear! (yeah, as if I need an excuse!)
    Funny story about Paris: sitting with my brand new husband (this was our honeymoon), outdoor cafe, Champs d'Elise, sipping wine, just down from the huge exquisite marble Arc de Triomphe. I'd been doing all the shooting and was tired so I asked him to go out into the middle of the 6 lanes and take a picture - "perfect opportunity there for a great shot". Well, I obviously didn't give him ENOUGH instruction because when we got home, and I was reviewing the hundreds of slides, there's a picture of looking DOWN six lanes of traffic, just traffic - nothing else, and BEHIND the photographer would have been the beautiful marble arch. Moral of story: do it yourself! *LOL*

9. Wonderful image Christian!! :) :) :)

10. Patches of old Quebec City

[​IMG]

Date Taken: 2005-04-08 09:35:56
    Model: NIKON D70
    Aperture: f/8.0
    Focal Length: 70mm
    Exposure Time: 0.004s (4/1000)
    Exposure Program: Aperture priority
    Exposure Bias: -0.333

11. TheKO

TheKO

May 3, 2005
    Tampa, FL
    St,. Augistine

I likd the second picture you posted. I can assure you that I don't really miss snow. Of course, where am I going for vacation this year - Alaska!

I will be in St. Augustine Fl this week. What did you have in mind for pictures from there?

12. Re: St,. Augistine

The two cities are, I think, the oldest on the continent and have preserved their defensive walls. They date back from another era than the concrete, steel and glass architecture one. I was in San Agustine in the summer of 2001 - but didn't bring any valid pictures though in the full day sun, the heat and the crowd.

13. Christian I love a lot the second picture, do you have more of Québec.