Poster critique appreciated

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Dennis Carter, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Dennis Carter

Dennis Carter

Jun 29, 2007
    USA
    Nothing fancy. Just trying to create an action portrait. I tend to prefer simple and clean.

Of course, I added the "digital" frame in PSE to give an idea of how it would look in a real frame in some dad's office. :smile:

Worth trying to market? My skin is very thick :biggrin:

Thanks for looking.

2653893463_f276dcf932.

2. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Dennis I personally like this a lot. I can see it as a small print and also as a very large print. The photo is great and I like the drop shadow. The font works perfectly IMO. . .

Well done.

3. acena

acena

Mar 14, 2006
    New Jersey
    It looks real nice Dennis. I think the player needs just a tad more space above and below as opposed to being right up against the white matte. Also, the font looks real nice but I think it's too big for the more formal look this photo exudes.

Just my dos centavos

4. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    I like the image as well, and I agree with Alex...........a little more space would be ideal.

5. Dennis Carter

Dennis Carter

Jun 29, 2007
    USA
    Rod, Alex and Mark

Thanks so much for responding and your encouragement.

Agreed, the crop is a bit tight.

Alex, you hit it on the head. "Formal" is exactly what I'm trying to achieve.

Thanks again.

6. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    Personally, I like simplicity. I have made multi image posters and they get too busy for my tastes. This looks very elegant and classy IMHO....nice.

7. Dennis Carter

Dennis Carter

Jun 29, 2007
    USA
    Randy, THANK YOU! Exactly what I'm trying to provide.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.