Posting a Photo Using apple's MobileMe (used to be i.mac)

I have tried to post a photo here using apple's MobileMe (formerly i.mac) as my web-site to copy from. To do this, I uploaded a photo to the web using iPhoto and my MobileMe account. I then open the photo, copy the photo's URL, and drop it in my post, but it doesn't work. If I use pbase, I can get it to work, but I have to add .jpg after the web site address. I added the .jpg after the MobileMe web site URL, but that didn't work. Does anyone know if I'm doing something wrong or is there a compatibility issue? Thanks!

Thanks for the direction Jeff. But I am struggling with this. When I copy my photo to the idisk Site folder, it opens in PShop and not on a web site. Thus, I don't have a web address to insert in the "insert image" web address to post the picture. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

Your iDisk folder is on your computer. Try using Finder to copy and paste it directly to your iDisk at .me. Then use Safari to view the photo via the Internet and copy the URL from the photo. It will probably have to be in the Public folder unless you wish to password protect it.

There are probably other ways to do this.

Thanks Larry. It just must be me. One of the reasons I don't post photos here is because I can't get the darn thing to work for me. Used to work with .mac, but MobileMe seems different. Can't find the right URL to paste to save my life. Very, very frsutrating.

DSC_0163.JPG-thumb_140_105.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks Larry. It just must be me. One of the reasons I don't post photos here is because I can't get the darn thing to work for me. Used to work with .mac, but MobileMe seems different. Can't find the right URL to paste to save my life. Very, very frsutrating.

iWeb is actually what changed. One could get a link directly from a photo that was on an iWeb page. A version or two back they changed that so it no longer works with the newest versions. I just put the photos I wish to link to in my Public folder and then link to them.

Thanks Larry. The key was FINDING the correct address for the darn photos! Ray really helped me out by phone and suggested that I still link them to my homepage in .mac, which you can still find on line for the time being. Either way, it's pretty convoluted and and I'll be abandoning .mac and MobileMe as a source for photo posting soon. I get a free flickr pro account from Yahoo because I use them as my isp.

Latest threads

Top Bottom