posting pic

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by sbutchin, Mar 14, 2005.

1. sbutchin

sbutchin

Mar 1, 2005
    NJ
    ok what am i doing wrong

[​IMG][/url]

2. sbutchin

sbutchin

Mar 1, 2005
    NJ
    round two

[​IMG]

3. As Homer Simpson would say........"DOH!!!"

4. sbutchin

sbutchin

Mar 1, 2005
    NJ
    i'm still missing the boat

5. I don't see anything you are doing incorrect.........

6. Here is how I would do it paste the URL in from your web hosting site....highlight the entire address and then go up and click on the img button it will insert tags at the beginning and end of the address
    You have to also check to see if your web host allows direct linking for the files

7. I think the problem is that the url needs to end in ".jpg" to work, and you probably can't do that with the url as it currently stands. Is there an alternative url you can use for the same picture?

8. sbutchin

sbutchin

Mar 1, 2005
    NJ
    thanks mike - i'll give it a try and check with the web hosting co - that could be the ticket
    [​IMG][/img]

9. sbutchin

sbutchin

Mar 1, 2005
    NJ
    not right now dave - have to check with hubby (does the web pages) oh well, everyone have a great day and thanks
    [​IMG]

i did this just for the heck of it - gonna be one of those days, have to go out and jump the car, kids must have left the lights on all weekend welcome to monday!!

10. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    It looks like the picture is embedded into the webpage, and your link is to a webpage and not
    a picture. I'm not sure how to go about getting
    around that, sorry.

11. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    Stephen, lets see if this works... I've yet to try it myself.. 17358259.
    yes, that worked in preview mode. Just click on the img button then paste your photos address, then be sure to add .jpg, then click on the 'close tags' and it will work.
    Jarrell

12. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Whoa Jarrell!! Great pic.... :lol:

Frank

13. RE: Posting Pics

Jarrell,

Gaye told me a shortcut to posting pics on here. Just paste your address and then highlight it and then click on img above and then preview to make sure it grabbed it and then submit if it did.

It is a great shortcut and it won't stress you out :) .

BTW, A great shot on the bug.