posting pictures

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by commtrd, Aug 23, 2008.

1. How would I go about attaching picture files to a post? I looked in FAQ to see how to do it but there does not appear to be a "manage attachments" button at the bottom to use to do this with. I was going to attach some pics for the sigma 150 thread but can't seem to figure out how to do it. Help? The insert image icon seems to want a web site url and I don't have a website.

2. You need to "store" your pix on a photo hosting site. There are many. From there, that site can give you the url you need to post them here.
    i.e. bare bones & FREE ! photobucket.com
    did you find the tutorial inthe above link, top right, TUTIKI ??
    like eveything, its very easy once you figure it out ! You'll get it hang in there.

3. posting pics

Well after reading more about posting it seems not possible just to attach a picture. "Posting" a picture is dependent on having the pictures resident to a website to link to.

No big deal I will just lurk here and learn / observe the pictures...but it would be nice to be able to just attach a picture like on most forums or photosig for example.

4. dsp921

dsp921

May 16, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  5. iLLMaCK

iLLMaCK Guest

Not attaching photos to the server saves on server space needed and lowers the bills. Most people have a hosting site anyways.

6. online hosting sites are DIRT CHEAP
    www.smugmug.com
    www.pbase.com

and many others are popular here
    it's also a great way for you to store you photos online...
    a great BACK-UP to have in case you have a home hard drive failure
    and a way for family and friends to INSTANTLY see your images online so you don't have to e.mail them to everyone

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.