posting pictures

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by commtrd, Aug 23, 2008.

1. How would I go about attaching picture files to a post? I looked in FAQ to see how to do it but there does not appear to be a "manage attachments" button at the bottom to use to do this with. I was going to attach some pics for the sigma 150 thread but can't seem to figure out how to do it. Help? The insert image icon seems to want a web site url and I don't have a website.

2. You need to "store" your pix on a photo hosting site. There are many. From there, that site can give you the url you need to post them here.
    i.e. bare bones & FREE ! photobucket.com
    did you find the tutorial inthe above link, top right, TUTIKI ??
    like eveything, its very easy once you figure it out ! You'll get it hang in there.

3. posting pics

Well after reading more about posting it seems not possible just to attach a picture. "Posting" a picture is dependent on having the pictures resident to a website to link to.

No big deal I will just lurk here and learn / observe the pictures...but it would be nice to be able to just attach a picture like on most forums or photosig for example.

4. dsp921

dsp921

May 16, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  5. iLLMaCK

iLLMaCK Guest

Not attaching photos to the server saves on server space needed and lowers the bills. Most people have a hosting site anyways.

6. online hosting sites are DIRT CHEAP
    www.smugmug.com
    www.pbase.com

and many others are popular here
    it's also a great way for you to store you photos online...
    a great BACK-UP to have in case you have a home hard drive failure
    and a way for family and friends to INSTANTLY see your images online so you don't have to e.mail them to everyone