Posting Size

Discussion in 'Site Information, Help, and Feedback' started by Gramps, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Is there any way to size down a picture? I am pulling photos from my hard drives and the come out to large in my postings. Help!

2. Of course there is. Virtually any photo processing program allows you to output/export a .jpg at whatever number of pixels you want.

Larry

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator Administrator

Feb 25, 2017
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Amin
    Our forum software automatically downsizes them to 1600px in maximum dimension. While that may be larger than some others are posting, it's not too large. I think your images are just right!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I've heard several people complain that their images are too large which I don't understand.
    I really hate when people post images 'too small'. As Amin pointed out, the forum software
    automatically re-sizes Images over 1600px so that they are not too large. There's really no
    need for the poster to do anything, the images are just right and making them any smaller
    ruins them.

JMHO... ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I thought some of my images were overwhelming but if they are good that's fine by me. Thanks for your comment.