1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Posting to both for sale forums

Discussion in 'Site Information, Help, and Feedback' started by bpdougd, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Just wanted to ask. Is it ok to post to both for sale forums?

thx

2. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Yes, that is fine!

3. I get an error trying to post the duplicate in the Member Buy Sell Trade forum. It complains that I am trying to post more that one entry per day in the "for sale" fora. Now that I think on it, it makes no sense to have duplicates. "Established members" can see the other forum so a post in the Member Buy Sell Trade forum will reach ALL Cafe members. Can you move my for sale entry from "established members" to the other forum. It is the one for a selection Olympus m4/3 gear.

Thanks

4. Butlerkid

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    That is correct. You can post in both forums...but must post one a day later than the first.

5. I just ran afoul of this rule, but I can't really see a reason for it.

I wanted to post the listing in both fora so that established members can see that it comes from "one of us", but also in the regular "Member Buy Sell Trade" at the same time so all can see it. What could be wrong with that?

6. Butlerkid

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    I don't know the reason for the 1 day restriction. It would also be nice to only have to generate one posting and then check which thread(s) it appeared in.....

7. Yes, that would certainly be helpful.

8. davidzvi

davidzvi

Apr 30, 2005
    Massachusetts
    David
    As I recall the one per day was another one of the "this is not a market place forum" and to stop people that had multiple things for sale from taking over "Page 1" of the area buy posting 4-8 listings for example. You see that some other boards where people don't combine for sale listings.

9. Just following up. After some experimenting I finally decided that Established Members section is, for me, for "special case" use only. If I post in the regular for sale forum, nothing prevents "established members" from seeing it or responding. I know all the people here I trust enough to extend "special privileges" to like shipping before receiving payment or non-paypal payments. I don't need the Established Members forum for that. I think if I had an especially costly item for sale, say a $10k lens (never owned one and absent a Lotto win never will) I might restrict the offer to the Established Member forum. But maybe not.

10. I agree, and had I known the rules I would have started with the regular for sale forum. Live and learn.

11. davidzvi

davidzvi

Apr 30, 2005
    Massachusetts
    David
    Just remember the "Established Members" section was the only for sale area up until last year. There were a number of rules about posting then, most of which I've been so long past I can't remember them all (as are all of us that have responded in this thread).

12. Had the same experience. Basically just let the one in Established Members wither away.

13. The rule was that you had to have been a member of the forum for at least six months and have 300 substantive posts. I haven't checked to see if that is still the rule.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  14. I remember those rules. The longevity part wasn't a problem, but I don't think I got to 300 "substantive" posts until I had made about 237,427,927 posts, or something close to that ... :confused: 

15. davidzvi

davidzvi

Apr 30, 2005
    Massachusetts
    David
    Yes there was something about "Substantive" that caused some "discussions". Didn't it changed somewhere along the way and there were a number of members that had been here a while but didn't have the posts? I think I just squeaked by at the time if I recall.

16. That's a lot of unsubstantive posts. But you were always a bit of an over achiever.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.