Postive impressions - Canon PowerShot S110

I was in to Henrys to check out a few photo toys that I have only seen on the Web, such as the Nikon 85mm f/3.5 macro and Coolpix 7700, plus I had to look at the S110 - it is available in both black and white. I remember when the S90 debuted (it wasn't that long ago!), the S110 still has that cool ring around the lens barrel and you can see the focal length (detentes at 24mm, 28mm, 35mm, 50mm, 100mm, and 120mm) and in Av mode, you see the aperture in the LCD.

The build quality is very high, what I would expect for one of the few camera nowadays made in Japan, it just feels solid. The Nikon macro lens and CP 7700 seemed a bit flimsy in comparison; the materials used in Chinese-made photo products just is not first-rate, but OK for most people.

I have read mixed reviews about IQ with the camera, the S-series have always been considered premium compacts.

I do like the idea of having a 24mm f/2, 28mm f/2.8, and a 35mm f/2.8 lens all in one tiny package - as long as the performance is good.

Anyone else want to share their impressions?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom