Pot of tomatoes

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Gilles, Aug 4, 2005.

1. This year we decide to grow tomatoes in a pot, we put 6 plants in this pot, a little to much. They grow well but they are still green and getting a little white before gaining colors. In that pot they need about 6 liter/day of water. Picture taken handheld with 17-55 at 17mm

[​IMG]

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Wow, 6 plants in one pot....talk about ambitious! I expect to see your canning shots when you get to working on them! ;-)

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    What with all these tomatoes. Flew and I can have a tomato fight. lolol

Looks great.

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Some bacon and a head of lettuce, a loaf of bread...... :D

5. I agree with Frank! It's too hot down here to grow 'maters in pots. They'd always be dried out and wilty by the time I came home from work! I'll garden vicariously through you and Leigh! :)

6. Leigh the great part of the tomatoes that we use at home come from a farmer market, I buy San Marzano tomatoes to do spaghett sauce that we deep freeze.

I aso do a base, olive oil/garlic/tomatoes that is also deep freeze (the taste is more neutral than canning, no acid added and just a little bit of salt).

The pot is a test that we made this year, the best would had been to put only 3 plants/pot. Those pots have a reservoir for water at the bottom. I guess the tomatoes won't be mature before the middle of august.