poty contest

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kramp, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Photos-of-the-year is starting there annual contest, all the monthly winners are eligible and automatically entered.

There are a few Cafe members that participate and I wish them good luck, I have a some Hummingbird pictures that managed to squeeze in and I hope they do well.

None of my insect pictures did good enough to make it to the yearly though, I guess I will have to put the Giant Water Bug in training and get him in shape and start snapping pictures. :wink:

Martin

http://www.photos-of-the-year.com/contest2004/

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Martin wishig you great success on the POTY..

You mean you pet did not in on the action.

Hey all let us know when you post places... We can go vote :>))))

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    W should have a POD here just for us :>)))))

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Best of luck to Martin and to all that entered POTY. We are all proud of you.

5. You can edit your posts Jacki just look at he top right corner.

Thats a good idea, there would be a lot of video of him just sitting there not moving then bang he grabs something that came within reach. I will have to see what I need for a close-up lens on the video camera.

Martin

6. That sounds like a GWB alright that must have been quite the experience.

Here is a recent picture of The Bug.

28947988-L.

Martin

7. Speaking of Water Scorpions I brought a few home from the pond the other day the birds were eating them since the pond is almost dried up and there was just a couple of puddles left full of beetles, tadpoles and Water Scorpions there were hundreds of them, so there are a few in with the GWB.

Someone found him in a puddle in a parking lot and he some how ended up at my place, I would like to get a mate but I haven't seen any live ones around, one of the parents carries the eggs on there back till they hatch, would be interesting to see.

The entertainment around here is we feed a goldfish to the bug, the neiborhood kids get a kick out of it also.
    When people stop to talk to me when I am out at the pond across the street and they show an interest in insects and if they have some kids with them I usually say "you want to see something really cool" and take them home to see the bug.

Your not to far a way and there are few cafe members on the island we should have NikonCafe get together. Just bring a fish for the bug. :)

Martin

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    lol Jacki and Martin,

This has become a fun and interesting thread. Enjoying it.
    Thanks.

Good info.

9. Lol, pond is all dried up now, just grass hoppers and dragon flies over there now, lots of baby tree frogs hunting in the grass also.

There is another swamp up the road I have to check out one of these days its a lot bigger and there is the Bevan Wetlands I havne't got to yet.

Martin

10. Congrats on getting to the finals - let's hope you win! Now THAT would be a great reward for all your hard work and excellent photography!