PPA or APA ? Your thoughts?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pjwarneka, Apr 4, 2007.

1. pjwarneka

pjwarneka

Oct 30, 2006
    O.K.
    How about Which organizations do you belong to and why?

( edit)

**Original post***
    I am looking at both organizations. I would like to join one for the moment. But I would like some input by those who are already in one or the other.

I shoot corporate portraits landscapes and ( a little) fashion. I love advertising.

I have read both groups offerings and My thoughts so far about the differences

PPA
    Bigger group?
    Magazine
    resources

APA
    Has more meeting around Chicago
    smaller group = more One-on-one help
    Software

Which one is a good starting place?

Thanks,

Patrick

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2007
  2. pjwarneka

pjwarneka

Oct 30, 2006
  3. SteveK

SteveK

Mar 16, 2005
    Alaska
    Patrick, I saw your post, and chose not to reply the first time around. It all depends on your personal choice. It seems like you've really answered your own question. If you want more personal interaction in your area, it would seem that APA is better for you. If you find it isn't what you wanted, there is no reason you can't join another group at a later time. Try one, see if you like it. Other factors to consider would be any group insurance options, the fees charged by the group, etc. I've been a member of ASMP and NANPA. I joined both to get the group insurance; I've since chosen to self insure my gear, and no longer belong to any organization.

4. bob swanson

bob swanson Guest

:cool: I belong to a couple of organizations. PPofA and WPPI. My business is wedding and portrait related. The main reason I belong to either is the insurance. PPofA has a great insurance that covers being sued. In our business it's not IF but WHEN you are going to be sued. We always take responsibility but we live in an era where the solution to everything is to "SUE". And even if you are not in the wrong, the exposure can be a killer and they know it.
    bsvirginian